Wash Rack Specialist & Facilities Maintenance
- Posted: 15 days ago
Job Title: Wash Rack Specialist & Facilities Maintenance
Reports To: Inside Sales Rep
Department: Service (40), Non-Exempt
Location: West Palm Beach
Summary of Primary Functions:
Dobbs Equipment is seeking a Wash Rack Specialist & Facilities Maintenance. This position is responsible for performing washing and cleaning of equipment inventory.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. (Other duties may be assigned)
- Work alone with a limited amount of supervision.
- Prepare all reports and forms required in conjunction with job assignments.
- Washes and cleans machines and equipment.
- Inspects and performs check-out and check-in procedures.
- Documents equipment condition before and after utilization.
- Assists with routine inspections, minor repairs, and general maintenance.
- Maintains equipment inventory systems per standard operating procedure.
- Responsible for maintaining the condition of wash rack sump and separator tanks to ensure wash rack complies with environmental standards.
- Assists in preparing and packaging shipments; delivery of parts and components to customers as needed.
- Works safely always and adheres to all applicable safety policies; complies with all company policies, procedures, and standards.
- Requires regular and punctual employee attendance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Participate in all training programs as directed by the Service Manager.
- Maintain a clean work area and perform work in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Bring to the attention of the Service Manager any shop tools, equipment or vehicle that is not in a serviceable condition or is unsafe to use.
- Always conduct self to present a professional image of the dealership.
- Ability to operate equipment is required.
Qualification: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Valid Driver’s License and maintain a clean driving record.
- Knowledge of industrial equipment maintenance and operation.
- Ability to perform basic repairs and required maintenance using special tools and equipment following Technical Manual procedures
- Ability to operate heavy equipment safely around shop.
Education, Skill, and/or Experience Requirements:
- Associate degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school or a minimum of 2 years related experience and/or equivalent combination (preferred).
- Stay current with technical changes.
- Proficient knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic systems.
- Maintains current product knowledge of John Deere and competitive products.
- Forklift Certification (preferred).
- Ability to communicate effectively with teammates.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Must be able to self-manage/self-motivate.
- Flexible schedule (sometimes weekends or overtime).
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write diagnosis and work completed on routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Develop skills in disassembly, assembly and repair of components and machines.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Quick learner with the ability to think out of the box.
- Overnight travel less than 5% (Training).
- Bilingual a plus.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee regularly works in a service shop setting and is exposed to frequently changing temperatures, wet or humid conditions, noise, vibration, fumes, odors, dust, and close proximity to moving mechanical parts.
The physical demands described here represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continuously required to:
- Ability to work using Personal Protective Equipment, including respirators, welding shields, hard hats, vests, safety glasses, goggles, gloves and etc.
- Ability to use full range of motion for back, arms, hands, and fingers.
- Able to use full range of motion for both legs, including climbing, twisting, squatting, and pushing with both legs.
- Able to use hand tools, fuel hoses, lubrication systems on all equipment
- Able to climb onto or down from mobile construction equipment, typically 3-4 feet of climbing, for service and inspection.
- The employee is frequently required to lift or carry loads greater than 50 lbs but less than 75 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance and color vision.
- The employee is regularly required to talk or hear at moderate noise levels.
We’re an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
Dobbs Equipment is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to providing an environment free of discrimination, harassment and retaliation both for our employees and applicants. We make all employment related decisions on the basis of an individual’s qualifications and job performance. We recruit, hire, promote, train, transfer, and make compensation decisions without regard to race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry or citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy status, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Notice to Applicants: We participate in E-Verify in the United States.
Drug Free and Alcohol-Free Workplace Notice.
Dobbs Equipment is an Equal Opportunity and At-Will Employer.
AddressRiviera Beach, FL
Real EstateView all jobs at Dobbs Equipment
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?