Summary of Primary Functions:
Dobbs Equipment is seeking an experienced Commercial Account Manager (CAM). The CAM is responsible for the sale, rental, and leasing of all new and used John Deere equipment and allied products, distributed by Dobbs Equipment. The CAM will be responsible for developing partnerships with current and potential clients to grow Dobbs Equipment (John Deere) equipment market share in their given territory. This position will focus on and work directly with Independent Rental Companies (IRC) in the Dobbs Equipment AOR.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
(Other duties may be assigned)
- All responsibilities and duties listed below will have IRC’s as the primary focus
- Sell and promote the entire product line distributed by Dobbs Equipment
- Grow and develop customer relationships and loyalty to increase market share.
- Prospecting and cold calling to increase customer base and market presence.
- Quote and negotiate prices, credit terms, prepare contracts and record and close orders.
- Provide on-site expertise for demonstrations, machine inspections and technical support.
- Maintain a contact management type database and call log for designated territory.
- Manage market awareness and provide lost sales reports.
- Provide status report to sales manager as to achievement of goals and objectives.
- Manage and maximize rental conversions.
- Meet or exceed company targets for units, dollars and gross profit.
- Manage and control sales related expenses.
- Attend training and sales meetings as required to stay current with new equipment and special deals.
- Provide feedback to other departments.
- Provide trade-in information when requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education, Skill, and/or Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from four-year college or a minimum of 3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid Driver’s License and maintain a clean driving record.
- Ability to communicate effectively with teammates and customers
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to self-manage/self-motivate.
- PC literate, proficient with MS Office, with an emphasis in Excel and Outlook required.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Quick learner with the ability to think out of the box.
- Extensive driving required; overnight travel required
- Bilingual a plus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and color vision.
This job description does not include a complete listing of all the duties and functions of the position. Management reserves the right to assign other duties or projects as necessary.
Dobbs Equipment is a Drug Free and Alcohol-Free Workplace an equal opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. We encourage applications from individuals with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women. Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, handicap, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status. We base all employment decisions to further this principle of equal employment opportunity. VEVRAA Federal Contractor. EEO/AA employer.
We work to serve the needs of customers in the residential, commercial construction, site development, underground and aggregate & mining industries.
Our goal is to support our customers from end to end in the markets we serve. Our services include the sales of new and used equipment, parts, service and rental. Our 8 locations are strategically located to provide world class support to our customers throughout our territory. Our administrative headquarters and one of our branches are in Riverview, FL (greater Tampa area). We also call these locations home: Lutz (north Tampa), Orlando, Sarasota, Fort Myers, Miami, Pompano Beach and West Palm Beach.
In addition, we represent other top tier brands in the construction industry such as Hitachi, Bomag, FINN, NPK, and others.
“We are excited to be partnered with John Deere as a dealer in the Florida market. Our family has decades of experience in successfully representing top tier manufacturers. We believe that John Deere represents the highest quality products and customer support in the market; we look forward to a strong and successful long-term relationship with Deere & Co., as we are a long-term owner with a time horizon measured in decades.” ~ Edward Dobbs, Chairman
Dobbs Management Services acquired the dealership from John Deere in November of 2017. From day one, the team is building on the great legacy and foundation inherited from John Deere. Commitment to our customers and integrity in our actions are the basis of who we are.