Structural Steel Detailer - Checker
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Steel Detailer / Checker
This position requires a person who is highly motivated, solves problems quickly, and has the ability to multi-task. This DETAILER will be responsible to produce efficient work with little or no supervision. They will be highly organized with strong work ethic, have a positive attitude, and a willingness and desire to be a team player. This person will have strong communication skills both written and verbal and must demonstrate consistent dependability and punctuality. This is not a remote position.
Examples of previous work preferred. AISC knowledge a plus.
A checker will check drawings that are being released for fabrication with the knowledge of AISC, AWS, and NISD standards.
Steel Detailer / Checker Responsibilities
- Produce with accuracy detailed shop drawings and erection plans unassisted.
- Review and assess current work for accuracy and adherence to specifications
- Communicate project details to management
- Revise, update and retain ongoing projects and repeat designs with needed alterations
Steel Detailer / Checker Requirements
- Must be able to read and understand contract drawings, standard specifications, standard drawings and shop drawings
- Detailing experience with knowledge of Auto CAD
EOE, DFWP Health ins, 401k, paid vac / holidays
Military Veterans welcome!
For over 4 decades, contractors have come to expect consistently high levels of design, fabrication, and professional installation from Dixie Metal Products. Our experienced 100+ member team of managers, AISC Certified Technicians, and QC inspectors are committed to the successful completion of every project. Continuous training and familiarization with new materials prepares us to accept projects that demand innovation and performance to meet budget/time constraints.
Thirty hours of OSHA training for technicians ensures adherence to best job-safety practices. Finally, strong financial footing and outstanding bonding ensures confidence that projects will progress without hesitation. Find out today why having Dixie Metal Products on your team will provide greater confidence in the success of your upcoming projects.
Dixie Metal Products, Inc.
442 SW 54th CtJacksonville, FL
Get fresh Work From Home Steel Detailer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.