Full-service, low voltage structured cable contractor specializing in copper and fiber optic cable installation is looking for entry level and experienced commercial cable installers. Long-term contract position with potential for direct hire for a dedicated, hard-working candidate.
Potential candidate is required to have a minimum of one year of experience in the field. Experience is based on the following criteria:
· Familiarity with copper and fiber optic cable installation, safety procedures and practices.
· Competent in assessing floor plans for installation of cable.
· Negotiate and install cable pathways utilizing floor plans and customer input.
· Termination of copper and fiber cables. i.e.: (cat5E[jack and RJ45], cat6, cat6A, RG6, RG11, ½” Coaxial, MM & SM fiber optic cable (fusion))
· Comprehension of copper and fiber color codes. (25 pair, 568A/B, fiber)
· Proficient in the operation of cable, (copper and fiber), certification tools & scanners.
· Ability and willingness to perform cable installation on elevated platforms at heights above six feet.
· A willingness to absorb new trade knowledge with an open mind.
· Available upon request to work flexible and extended hours. (This occupation is not 8-5)
· A high school diploma or GED is REQUIRED.
· NO felonies. Must pass initial and random drug screens and background check.
· You MUST have a valid driver’s license, and a dependable vehicle.
· Composite or steel-toe work boots, a neat appearance and the ability to follow instructions is required.
· Basic cable installation tools a must.
Please email resume to showing how your skills relate to the above.