- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title: Care Manager
Employer: Diversified Nurse Consultants, LLC
Department: Private Care Management
Reports to: Pam Ross
Effective Date: 9/2/2022
Summary: Responsible for coordinating patient care across the continuum. This includes case management, social work, utilization review and care coordination to achieve optimal clinical and quality outcomes by effectively managing care and resources to reduce unnecessary utilization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Helps aging individuals and those living with chronic conditions navigate the healthcare system through advocacy, education and care navigation.
- Performs needed assessments and establishes an individualized plan of care.
- Assists with transitions in and out of facilities, attends medical appointments, manages medications and coordinates hired caregivers.
- Serves as the liaison and coordinator among the client and their family, attorneys, medical providers, trust officers, financial planners, facility staff, hired caregivers, etc.
- Provides ongoing education about health and wellness issues.
- Researches and connects the client with available resources.
- Follows specific requirements for care management work with DNC programs or with contracted companies.
- Completes all assigned training in time frame provided by supervisor.
- Participates in required staff meetings as requested by supervisor.
- Complies with DNC Standard Operating Procedures and according to expectations of program guidelines and processes.
- Helps pilot new DNC programs.
- Assists with projects or assignments as available from supervisor and if client workload has reduced.
- Communicates daily in a courteous and professional manner with internal and external customers.
- Participates in CQI (Core Quality Initiatives) activities and other professional development activities as requested by DNC.
- Assists with reporting, chart checks, monthly billing and orientation of new team members.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Associate’s Degree (AA) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school.
- Bachelor's Degree (BA) from a four-year college or university.
- Certificates, licenses and registrations required:
- Valid and active RN or SW license in the state of employment
- Annual PPD (or CXR every five years with annual questionnaire)
- Maintain CPR certification for healthcare provider.
- CCM credentialing preferred
- Computer skills required:
- Other skills required:
- Reliable transportation and annual submission of a driving history record
- Proof of car insurance according to DNC requirements
- High speed internet access, scanner/printer in good working condition and ability to use and maintain the equipment
- Basic computer competency required and experience with electronic medical records
- Diversity – Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes a harassment-free environment; builds a diverse workforce.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent changes, delays or unexpected events.
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs workflows and procedures.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Delegation – Delegates work assignments; Matches the responsibility to the person; Gives authority to work independently; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; Provides recognition for results.
- Dependability – Follows instructions and responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Maintains emotional self-discipline; Remains open to others’ ideas and to trying new things.
- Judgement – Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgement; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making processes; Makes timely decisions.
- Motivation – Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in both positive and negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks accurately and timely; Supports organizations’ goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or scheduled other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in a timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works efficiently.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Frequently required to stand, walk, sit and use hand and finger dexterity.
- Occasionally required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl.
- Continually required to talk or hear.
- While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually quiet or moderate.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include, but are not limited to: Close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Additional remarks regarding work environment:
- The CM may be responsible for on-call phone coverage for evenings, weekends and holidays on a rotating basis.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
Diversified Nurse Consultants
Get fresh Care Management Assistant jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.