Custodian / Janitor – Work for yourself (almost!), flexible hours, multiple retail locations
For over 40 years, Diversified Maintenance Systems, LLC has been providing client-focused, quality maintenance solutions to facilities across the United States. We are a community of over 10,000 outstanding people who are passionate about delivering the highest level of service to all of our customers nationwide.
About the Custodian/Janitor Job: Diversified helps its clients all over the county provide a pleasurable shopping experience by creating clean and healthy store environments for their customers every day. If you’re the kind of highly motivated person who works best when left alone, we have a job for you! If you’re the kind of person who needs extra spending money, but whose lifestyle doesn’t accommodate a fulltime job, we have a job for you! If you are the kind of person whose work ethic drives you to come to work every day, rain or shine, we have a job for you. We show you what needs to be done, how to do it, and leave you alone to get the job done right!
What you have to do as a Custodian/Janitor:
- Maintain and clean all floor surfaces, including sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment, in order to prevent damage to floors and other objects
- Clean, monitor and maintain restrooms, fitting rooms, corridors, store entrance areas
- Empty trash cans for proper disposal; use of compactor for certain materials
- Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors, using appropriate cleaners and equipment
- Spot clean carpets; assist in carpet extractions and shampooing
- Replenish paper products and sanitary supplies.
- Follow housekeeping schedule
- Occasionally use heavy cleaning equipment, such as floor scrubbers, backpack vacuums and buffers.
- Other duties as assigned, as required by scope of work or customer needs.
Who you have to be to be successful as a Custodian/Janitor:
· At least 18 years of age or older
· Reliable, reliable, reliable
· Authorized to work in the United States
· Able to successfully pass a drug test in some situations required
· Some prior cleaning experience is a good thing!
Monday, Wednesday, Friday & Saturday
Early AM Shift
12 hour work week
The Company: Diversified recognizes that its employees are a critical part of the company’s success as their efforts and dedication help shape the future of our Company. We believe that everyone has unique experiences, backgrounds, and talents, and it is through these differences that each of us contributes to the Company’s culture and success. At Diversified, our goal is to provide employees with opportunities to excel, to grow with the Company, and to make their journey with us a memorable one.
Diversified Maintenance Systems, LLC, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status.