MAKE YOUR MARK, MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
Diversicare is a premier provider of post-acute healthcare services with a strong legacy of quality care. We strive to foster a culture of transparency, support, and innovation. Our Mission is to improve every life we touch by providing exceptional healthcare and exceeding expectations . We are proud to provide work/life integration for our team members and offer a comprehensive benefits package.
Diversicare operates 76 centers in ten states primarily in the Midwest, Southeast and Southwest. As direct caregivers, you will play an instrumental role in taking exceptional care of our patients and residents, our most important responsibility. We are seeking compassionate caregivers to assist our patients and residents with activities of daily living. We are committed to providing a supportive and collaborative work environment for our team members. A qualified candidate is responsible for all key accountabilities in a manner that is reflective of Diversicare’s Mission and Core Values: Integrity, Excellence, Compassion, Teamwork, and Stewardship. If you are looking for an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of patients and residents you serve, Diversicare is the place for you.
- Receives report on patient/resident status from previous shift and provides this communication to oncoming shift
- Makes physical rounds in assigned area of oversight assessing quality of care, intervening with provision of care and interacting with care givers and patients/residents
- Provides direct care in line with the responsibilities of a nurse, assessing conditions, communicating with attending physicians/practitioners and carrying out nursing functions according to the needs of the patients
- Assists in establishing a plan of care for patients based on their unique needs and in line with physician orders
- Is a member of the Interdisciplinary Care Team
- Accurately documents patient/resident condition including assessments, communication and care provided
- May directly provide or supervise other providers of care such as medication pass, nursing care, documentation, treatments, supervision
- Evaluates performance of nurses, nursing assistants and trained medication aides; coaches and disciplines as needed.
- Assesses and monitors to verify patient/residents’ needs are met and policies and procedures are followed.
- May respond and coordinate actions in emergency situations
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Nursing
- Assists with the Continuous Quality Improvement initiatives
- Ensures safe work practices are followed
- Provides empathetic communication to families, patient/residents regarding change
- Current license by the State Board of Nursing as a Registered Nurse with experience in the long-term care industry preferred
- Ability to plan, supervise and coordinates services.
- A preference for contacts with people and providing patient centered care
Diversicare is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. Diversicare does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity), national origin, age, or disability, sexual orientation, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.