MAKE YOUR MARK, MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
Diversicare is a premier provider of post-acute healthcare services with a strong legacy of quality care. We strive to foster a culture of transparency, support, and innovation. Our Mission is to improve every life we touch by providing exceptional healthcare and exceeding expectations . We are proud to provide work/life integration for our team members and offer a comprehensive benefits package.
Diversicare operates 76 centers in ten states primarily in the Midwest, Southeast and Southwest. As Diversicare team member, you will play an instrumental role in the care of our patients and residents, our most important responsibility. We are seeking compassionate team members to assist our patients and residents with activities of daily living. We are committed to providing a supportive and collaborative work environment for our team members. A qualified candidate is responsible for all key accountabilities in a manner that is reflective of Diversicare's Mission and Core Values: Integrity, Excellence, Compassion, Teamwork, and Stewardship. If you are looking for an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of patients and residents you serve, Diversicare is the place for you.
- Receives report on patient/resident status from previous shift and provides this communication to oncoming shift
- Makes physical rounds in assigned area to evaluate care and interact with care givers and patients/residents
- Provides direct care in line with the responsibilities of a nurse, evaluating conditions, communicating and carrying out nursing functions according to the needs of the patients
- Assists in establishing a plan of care for patients based on their unique needs and in line with physician orders
- Is a member of the Interdisciplinary Care Team
- Accurately documents patient/resident condition including evaluations, communication and care provided
- May provide direct care including medication pass, nursing care, documentation and treatments
- Evaluates performance of nursing assistants and trained medication aides; coaches and disciplines as needed.
- May responds and coordinates actions in emergency situations
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Nursing
- Assists with the Continuous Quality Improvement initiatives
- Ensures safe work practices are followed
- Provides empathetic communication to families, patient/residents regarding change of condition and in response to care concerns, ensures resident rights are respected
- Current license by the State Board of Nursing as a Licensed Practical Nurse/Licensed Vocational Nurse with experience in the long-term care industry preferred
- Ability to plan, supervise and coordinates services.
- A preference for contacts with people and patient centered care
Job ID 2019-32698
Type Regular Full-Time
Location Name Big Springs Nursing & Rehab Center
Shift Monday-Friday All Shifts
Address 500 St Clair Ave SW