Elevated and empowered nurses is the key to excellence. Diversicare is committed to creating an environment where our nurses are supported, have access to information, educational opportunities, resources, and have our advocacy to leverage their compassion, strong voices and intellect.
We are seeking an **Assistant Director of Nursing** that has a passion for providing the highest quality of care with compassion and integrity!
We live our core values of Integrity, Excellence, Compassion, and Teamwork & Stewardship every day with every life we touch, providing exceptional healthcare and exceeding expectations.
If these are your values as well, **APPLY NOW** !
1. Assists the Director of Nursing with management of the nursing department.
2. Assists in interviewing applicants and recommends hiring of staff and scheduling.
3. Participates in orientation and in-service education training.
4. Participates in performance reviews and personnel files; enforces the personnel policies of the facility, including disciplining and terminating employees.
5. Assists Director of Nursing in ensuring compliance with regulations for documentation from physicians and nursing personnel and ensuring that all regional policies/procedures are implemented.
6. Assists with care planning process.
7. Make rounds daily to direct the work of employees and to observe for hazards, work duty problems, and ensure services are delivered to clients consistent with needs.
8. Assists with Continuous Quality Improvement and corrective follow-up actions.
9. Follows up daily on each unit to ensure changes in status are reported and recorded and that services are provided.
10. Under the direction of the Director of Nursing, completes chart audits and reports results and progress, and makes recommendations for improvement to the Director of Nursing.
11. Ensures proper infection control techniques are utilized.
12. Maintains effective communication with families, residents and facility staff.
13. May be required to drive for company business with either company vehicle personal vehicle.
14. Performs other duties as assigned by the DON.
1. Current R.N. license by State Board of Nursing required with experience in the long term care or working with the geriatric population preferred.
2. Must have at least three years nursing experience and one year supervisory experience.
3. Clerical ability is necessary to read reports and utilize data accurately for other purposes.
4. Skill in organizing and planning programs and managing personnel to provide nursing service for residents.
5. Ability to plan and direct the department, coordinating with other departments.