Tooling Programmer II
- Posted: over a month ago
Experience level: Mid-senior
Experience required: 6 Years
Education level: Associate degree
Job function: Manufacturing
Total position: 1
Relocation assistance: No
Visa : Only US citizens and Greencard holders
Produces machined parts by programming, setting up, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies.
- Analyzes more complex job orders, drawings, blueprints, specifications, computer models and/or design data to correctly calculate part dimensions, tool selection, machine speeds and feed rates.
- Determines reference points, machine cutting paths and/or location for holes; computes more complex angular and linear dimensions.
- Programs more complex parts using CAM Software; generates accurate, usable NC Code for programs created.
- Researches and makes recommendations to increase machine run time.
- Monitors machining outcomes; verifies completed work, checks dimensions/tolerances; maintains accuracy of drawings and programs.
- Studies and recommends techniques to improve existing CAM and internal software products.
- Evaluates systems based on quantitative results and makes suggestions for the improvement of these systems.
- Assist other programmers and floor personnel as needed.
- Conducts quality testing; corrects/improves program code to increase efficiency, quality and safety.
- Revises programs to eliminate errors; retest programs to ensure problems have been resolved.
- Manages the CNC program files within network; performs tooling evaluations when required.
- Observes and contributes during machine set-ups to optimize processes.
- Sets up and operates machines as needed to support production.
- Works closely with Designers, Machinist, Tool Makers and/or management to resolve programming challenges and/or questions.
- Associate’s preferred; or equivalent education and experience and 5-8 years’ experience with CNC programming and tool manufacturing.
- May have to work overtime and may be assigned to other shifts based on company needs.
- Must be familiar with standard tooling concepts, practices and procedures.
- Experience with 3-D CAM software (Auto Desk - PowerMill) required.
Powered by JazzHR
AddressNewport News, VA
ManufacturingView all jobs at Diverseyou.com