We are seeking a Sales Executive.
The Advertising Sales executive is responsible for generating print and online recruitment and print advertising revenue for Diverse magazine, e-Newsletters, website, and mobile digital platforms. This performance-based position requires consultative selling techniques plus outstanding customer services skills paired with the ability to think outside of the box. The Advertising Sales Executive is responsible for the overall creation and management of accounts in an assigned sales territory with the objective of growing both print and digital advertising revenue. This position will involve some travel and participation in conferences, trade shows and sales-related events. This position reports to the Director of Advertising.
- Create and deliver sales presentations to clients
- Collaborate with marketing on lead quality and conversion
- Answer customer inquiries in a timely and professional manner
- Organize client correspondence and paperwork
- Lead generation and CRM management using Salesforce
- Successfully sell recruitment and branding-oriented print and digital
- Identify new prospects through outbound sales calls, e-mailing, and research
- Grow advertising revenue with new and existing clients
- Previous experience in sales, advertisement, or other related field
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to build rapport with clients
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environment
Salary is Base, plus earned commissions. We also offer a generous benefits package including health, dental, 401-K and more. This position is based in Fairfax, VA at company headquarters.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively seek candidates from diverse backgrounds.
For more information about Diverse, please visit www.DiverseEducation.com or send resume to Dtalla@Diverseeducation.com
Diverse: Issues In Higher Education is the nation's premier newsmagazine and website about diversity, inclusion, and access in higher education. To better service its online audience, Diverse now publishes 5 e-Newsletters serving the weekly needs of its subscribers who desire timely news and original content ranging from community college, military, health issues as well as diversity hiring best practices. The mission remains the same: to be the preeminent resource for timely news, insightful special reports, provocative commentary and feature interviews with leaders on a range of issues affecting all higher education professionals and other industry professionals, especially those from underrepresented populations.