WASTE WATER PROJECT EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
GREAT LONG-TERM OPPORTUNITY FOR SOMEONE SEEKING A COMPANY TO RETIRE WITH OR HAVE A SHORT TERM OPPORTUNITY TO HELP A COMPANY GROW IN THE INDUSTRY!
The Mechanical Project Engineer will assist the Senior Mechanical Engineer/QC Manager with both short-term and long-term planning and the daily execution of the construction project. The position is responsible for confirming the correctness of the project schedule as it pertains to mechanical work assigned to you, by managing the process of submittal approvals, preparing and coordinating work packages with field operations, coordinating the timely delivery of material, and maintaining schedules and budgets.
PROCESS YARD PIPE, PROCESS EXPOSED PIPE, PROCESS EQUIPMENT (some electrical and I&C would be helpful). Knowledge of concrete to be trained to assist in civil duties.
In addition to Project Engineer responsibilities, the ideal candidate will assist the QA/QC team with the daily execution and planning of the QA/QC schedule; including managing daily tasks of materials, maintaining schedule, budgets and support for all trades.
- Assist project management by proactively managing the project budget by controlling costs, identifying work not covered by subcontractor’s scope of work/budget and ensuring the success of office support functions related to the overall cost and schedule completion.
- Responsible for proactive administration of reviewing and processing all submittal data and shop drawings to ensure project schedules are expedited and materials are delivered on time.
- Share time between office and field operations may include: Safety Meetings, QC reports, QC field inspections, QC audits, subcontractor inspection/coordination and coordinating inspections.
- Generate and distribute proposal change documents to Subcontractors/Suppliers and assist in collecting pricing and/or prepare change proposal requests for internal pricing review.
- Act in a manner of integrity that demonstrates support for the company values and employees, while maintaining a constant focus on meeting/exceeding customer requirements and expectations as economically as possible.
3 - 5 years of water and/or wastewater project experience that includes process yard pipe, process exposed pipe, and process equipment.
Proficiency using a personal computer (PC) and company communication tools, such as email, internet, and Microsoft products (e.g., Word, Excel, Office, Outlook)
Ability to plan/manage multiple activities to accomplish desired results
Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Construction Management or a related engineering field.
Knowledge of AutoCAD, any Revit experience, or P6 experience a plus
Previous experience with I&C and Electrical