Come work for a company that knows it is important to have a balance between your work and home life! Ditschman-Flemington Ford/Lincoln, a proud member of the Flemington Car & Truck Country Family of Dealerships, currently has an opening in our Service Department for a Service Writer. Interested candidates should be a self-starter with strong organizational skills with an eye for details, the aptitude for multi-tasking, a friendly personality, and the ability to work well with others. Experience in the automotive service industry is a must, highline automotive service experience a plus.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Preparing and update repair orders (RO) with necessary details that identify the symptoms, problems, and causes discovered, as well as repairs and services required.
· Develop estimates by costing materials, supplies, and labor; calculating customer's payment, including deductibles
· Maintain accurate automotive records or problems and corrective action plans
· Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading manufacturers' publications.
· Verify warranty and service contract coverage by examining records and papers; explaining provisions and exclusions.
· Working closely with customers, technicians, and part staff to complete repair/parts requests.
· Collaborating with other team members to resolve customer/vendor issues.
· Maintaining proper filing system for all paperwork corresponding to deliveries, special orders, and parts orders, etc.
- Candidates should have strong oral and written communication skills.
- Candidates should have strong phone skills
- Candidates should be able to work well under pressure.
- Candidates should have strong organizational skills and an eye for details.
- Candidate must be able to work well as a member of a team.
- Candidate should have a minimum of one (1) years’ experience in the automotive service industry
· Candidates must be at least 18 years old
· Candidates must have a valid driver’s license
· Candidate must be able to pass a company required drug test
Need a reason why you should come join our Family? We’ve got them!
· Benefits package that includes Medical and Dental Insurance.
· 401k plan with company match
· Excellent work schedule, with Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving, Memorial Day, July 4th and Labor Day off as scheduled holidays.
· Sales and Service Employee Discount Program for all our brands.
· Advancement opportunities are available for interested employees.
· We are an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
Flemington Car & Truck Country prohibits discrimination against and harassment of any employee or any applicant for employment because of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veteran status or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal or state law.