Sanitation Specialist - 1st Shift
- Posted: 18 days ago
Job Title: Sanitation Specialist - Full Time
Work Schedule: Must be able to work Saturdays as part of a regular schedule.
Monday-Thursday (4am to 12pm OR 6am to 2pm) Saturdays (7am-3pm)
Pay Rate: $17/hr
DITSCH USA creates memorable pretzel experiences! We bake artisan pretzels available for both food service and retail markets. As a leading producer of pretzels, we are committed to freshness and providing clean-label products. The quality of our irresistible products comes from more than 100 years of experience and craftsmanship in the ART OF PRETZEL MAKING!
We are looking for those that want to learn and grow within our organization. Ditsch USA offers development options to add to your skillset and open new opportunities for you within our organization. At Ditsch USA you will find a welcoming, safe and team-orientated environment.
Do you have a hard time sitting still? Do you enjoy keeping things clean and sanitized? As a Food Sanitation Specialist, you will be responsible for the detailed daily cleaning of equipment and structures in our food manufacturing environment using specialized equipment and techniques. Your major role on our sanitation team will be to clean following production shifts by breaking down the production equipment to scrub, scrape, wash, and sanitize.
What you will be doing:
- Responsible for daily facility sanitation and custodial duties according to Sanitation Master Schedule.
- Clean all production areas according to SQF regulations, GMP and sanitation policies.
- Disassemble machines, sanitize, foam rinse and reassemble production lines for use.
- Clean and sanitize production line operating equipment (ovens, mixers, etc.)
- Clean and sanitize baking equipment including bins, trays, etc.
- Use power equipment such as floor sweepers, vacuums, scrubbers, mops, power washers.
- Operate floor scrubber to clean concrete flooring.
- Sweep and mop work areas
- Perform housekeeping duties including, restrooms, lunchroom, offices, lobby, conference room, etc.
- Discard all corrugated, inedible food and other packing material.
- Operate cleaning systems and equipment as trained and specified.
- Maintain a working knowledge of equipment, proper LOTO procedure for machinery.
- Responsible for general plant cleanliness with the expectation of being inspection ready.
- Support SQF by maintaining food safety and food quality through completing job tasks and maintaining the work area in a sanitary manner.
- Perform all other assigned tasks included: Walls inside and outside the company, silos and ceilings, any type of stairs.
- Any other duties as assigned by the sanitation supervisor.
What Skills/Abilities/Experience you need:
- 1-3 years of sanitation experience in a manufacturing setting (food manufacturing preferred but not required)
- Ability to work independently with high attention to detail
- Value and maintain high health safety standards
- Work well within a team by leading, communicating with, and motivating others
- Drive for continuous learning & improvement
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, troubleshoot, and problem solve
- Ability to read, comprehend and communicate safety labels on chemical containers
- Bi-lingual, English/Spanish a plus
- Ability to work on feet for the entire shift
- Perform tasks requiring standing, lifting, pushing, pulling, walking, and climbing
- Ability to lift up to and including 50 lbs
- Ability to withstand various climates through the facility
What we offer you (perks, bonuses, benefits):
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, two-thirds of medical and dental premiums are employer paid
- Automatic, FREE $25,000 life insurance policy
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA) options
- Additional voluntary life, AD&D, Critical Illness, and Short-Term Disability
- 401k Retirement Plan
- 401k Company Match
- Paid holidays after 90 days
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Accrual (you may roll over up to 6 weeks):
- Year 1 = 1 week
- Year 2 = 2 weeks
- Year 3 = 3 weeks
- Accrual (you may roll over up to 6 weeks):
- Many opportunities for career advancement with higher pay
- Ongoing training and development
- Sign-on bonus of $500
- Safety bonus
- Employee referral bonus of $500
Please note this job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical requirements are representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
For more information, visit www.ditsch.com/en
Ditsch USA, is an equal-opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Energy and Environment
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?