The Lab Assistant provides daily support to the laboratory operations. This is an entry-level position but experience working in a GMP environment is preferred.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES &TASKS
- Preparing laboratory glassware for laboratory analysis and other activities according to our SOPs.
- Ordering and organizing laboratory supplies including supplies, reagents, and solvents;
- Performing inventory check regularly.
- Update laboratory documentation such as MSDS of test materials and reagents.
- Assisting in sample receiving and logging in of samples.
- Disposing of laboratory waste (liquid and solid waste) according to SOPs.
- Assisting in maintaining a clean laboratory.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- College diploma in a laboratory technician or assistant training, or equivalent experience in chemistry or biochemistry industries.
- Previous work experience in an GMP environment
- Understanding of GMP/GLP requirements
- Background in health and safety in regard to laboratory tests and operations
- Able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work closely with co-workers in a team environment or independently
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficiency in English, both written and verbal, at a level that enables you to understand and communicate instructions clearly.
- Morning and afternoon shift requirements
- Some weekend work and overtime
- Exposure to bio-hazard substances and cannabis in the workplace
- Dealing with dry ice & liquid nitrogen.
Diteba is committed to providing accessible employment practices that follow the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Upon request, we will, in consultation with the applicant, determine the nature of any accommodation that may be required.