************All applications must be submitted at our hiring site to be considered for a position. If you only submit an application in ZipRecruiter you will not be considered for a position. http://districtsecurity.us/employment.html****************
As part of the District Private Security team, Security Officers may work in various locations throughout our coverage area.
Security Officers roles include walking patrol, kiosk support, protecting persons and property, controlling guest lists and maintaining the overall security of assignment post. In all of these roles, you will be working outside for extended periods of time writing/documenting/inputting reports (without the use of spell/grammar check) into our computer systems.
District Security Officers observe, react and respond to occurrences throughout there assigned post, including visual inspections of buildings, bags and/or packages along with interacting and promoting the safety of our client's and there guests. In addition, our Security Officers are responsible for answering and monitoring radio traffic to include call in and responding to safety concerns.
Security Officers are considered first responders and must be trained on Infant, Child and Adult Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Automated External Defibrillator (AED) procedures to respond to emergencies as needed.
A California Guard Registration Card is not required to apply, but will be required prior to the start of initial shift. California Class “C” license must be obtained at the culmination of training - must meet eligibility requirements. Willingness to work outdoors and at various heights is required.
All candidates must be at least 18 years of age for consideration AND be working towards or successfully completed an Associate's Degree or higher in Criminal Justice, Private Investigations, Homeland Security, Emergency Management, Emergency Medical Services and/or any other Security related field OR at least one of the following:
- Successfully completed Basic Training in the Military
- Law Enforcement, Special Deputy and/or Police Cadet experience
- Loss Prevention and/or Plain Clothes Operatives experience
- Security Guard/Officer experience responsible for foot/bicycle/motor patrol, monitoring cameras, and/or aviation screening
- High pressure situational experience such as an Emergency Medical Technician, Firefighter, Flight Attendant and/or a 911 Operator
- Bilingual (Spanish, Portuguese, French and/or Japanese)
- BSIS Guard Card
- BSIS Exposed Firearms Permit
- CCW Permit
- California Class "C" Drivers license
- Associate's Degree or higher in Criminal Justice, Private Investigations, Homeland Security, Emergency Management, Emergency Medical Services and/or any other Security related field
All applications must be submitted at our hiring site to be considered for a position. http://districtsecurity.us/employment.html