We are seeking a Medical Assistant to become a part of our team! You will perform routine administrative and clinical assignments to keep the medical facility running smoothly.
Performs clinical and administrative duties in an ambulatory setting under the supervision of a physician. Duties may include venipuncture, medication and injection administration, documentation of vital signs, and assisting providers with patient exams.
High school graduation or equivalent; completion of an accredited Medical Assistant program preferred.
Primaries Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists provider with patient preparation for examination and education of patients. Supports other members of the clinical team, assuring optimal patient flow; Provides clerical support and serves as backup for the Patient Services Coordinator or other team members as needed.
- Participates in daily team huddles to review and prepare for scheduled patient visits. Screens all patients, regardless of visit type, for preventative care needs, ongoing support, barriers to care, safety concerns, and potential fall risk. Conducts surveillance for transitions of care, emergent care, or follow up tasks such as retrieval of documents associated with referrals/testing, Conducts motivational interviews that include screening and/or coaching on disease management ability, motivation to change, learning care needs, community outreach needs. Identifies potential behavioral health needs of patients using appropriate screening tools and notifies provider of findings.
- As part of a High Reliability Organization, reports actual and potential problems concerning patients, families and associates using established reporting protocols for District Health Care Services.
- Ensures ongoing compliance with regulatory and quality/safety standards by maintaining and auditing temperature logs, ensuring medication supplies are current/ unexpired , checking and maintain emergency equipment and all related tasks.
- Participates in population management activities including an awareness of the populations they serve and engages the patient in self management support, goal setting, pre-visit planning, and the capturing of information that leads to health care improvement activities.
- Performs selected patient and laboratory testing consistent with the scope of the practice, including but not limited to pregnancy testing, urinalysis, microbiology (streptococcal testing and cultures), tuberculosis skin testing, electrocardiography, pulmonary function tests, and vision and hearing testing (dependent upon provider and site requirements). Removes sutures/staples after the provider has examined the patient and written the appropriate order.
- Provides telephone screening services to gather information from patients, determine appropriate disposition and document per established telephone screening protocols.
- Performs other duties as assigned.