- Posted: 14 hours ago
Distributed Solutions, Inc. (DSI) is a fast-growing software manufacturer, seeking a highly motivated and engaged UI Designer/Architect. Candidates must thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment and be able to participate in open and animated peer review sessions. The position requires an ability to adapt to with changing priorities and an eagerness to learn and apply new technologies as needed to help solve business problems.
You should have experience with all aspects of UI design and development from information architecture and visual design hierarchies to process and data access flows for mobile and desktop interactions. You will need to be a hands-on contributor. You must have a passion for user-centric design and be a strong communicator. Ability to identify and promote strong design strategies, assess viability and transform business requirements into a fully realized user narrative.
You must have 6+ years of professional experience; excel in a team environment; be highly organized, have excellent problem-solving capabilities, analytical skills, and be comfortable interacting directly with clients at times. Proficiency in full stack web development is required with an understanding of how design informs technical approaches to realize application features.
- Design, prototype, and implement application user narratives.
- Author design systems and components for reuse across the DSI platform.
- Develop and maintain control libraries and reference implementation pages for team-use.
- Lead and maintain the usability feedback loop to refine application experiences (Client interaction/internal interface testing/use statistics).
- Research, recommend and implement UI technologies + frameworks as necessary to support existing and emerging user narratives and experiences.
- Mentor and lead junior UI designers.
- Evangelize the importance of design forward thinking.
- Ability to adapt with changing priorities with an eagerness to learn and apply new technologies as needed to assist in solving business problems.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 6+ years' experience in a professional setting.
- Ability to work in a high-interactive, agile development environment with other developers and graphics designers.
- Keen awareness and understanding of UI/UX best practices and organizational principles.
- Experience with emerging and established UI frameworks (Bootstrap, Angular, React, Polymer).
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience with Microsoft Dev lifecycle (TFS + Visual Studio).
- Experience with ASP.NET + .NET CORE.
- Experience with REACT and Material UI.
- Experience with Data Access Models (MVC).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong team player that is willing to always help other team members.
- Experience with all aspects of UI design and development from information architecture and visual design hierarchies to process and data access flows to mobile and desktop interactions.
- Exemplify strong communication skills with the ability to identify and promote strong design strategies, assess viability, and transform business requirements into a fully realized user narrative.
Required work authorization:
- United States
DSI is a leading provider of knowledge driven software solutions and subject matter consulting services addressing the needs of acquisition professionals. DSI offers a fun, casual, and collaborative working environment for individuals interested in conquering technology barriers, learning by doing, and taking pride in developing superior software manufactured in the USA.
Distributed Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Distributed Solutions Inc.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?