Medical Laboratory Technologist
- Posted: June 14, 2022
Distinctive Home & Health Care is a leading provider of healthcare staff management to serve military installations across the United States. Our team of professionals is dedicated to providing the highest quality service and support for each of our clients. We are currently hiring for a full time Medical Laboratory Technologist-Medical Laboratory Scientist-Blood Banking to work at the Medical Lab Facility at the Langley Air Force Base near Hampton, VA
- Perform a full range of automated and non-automated laboratory procedures in
the areas of immunohematology, chemistry, urinalysis, hematology, serology,
and bacteriology according to established protocols.
- Determine the suitability of specimens for analysis. Prepare specimens for
analysis and ensure that the physiologic state of the properties is maintained.
- Prepare reagents and primary reference materials as necessary. Calibrate,
standardize, adjust, and maintain instruments. Verify correct instrument
operation using established procedures and quality control checks. Identify the
cause of common problems and make simple repairs
- Recognize and react to indicators of malfunction. Locate and implement
- Obtain analytical data, convert to a prescribed unit of reporting, as necessary,
and correlate data to verify results.
- Conduct quality control procedures on equipment, reagents and products and
maintain proper records for quality control and quality assurance reports.
- Coordinate with supervisor in planning work flow and duty schedules for
assigned section(s). Anticipate problems with tests to be performed and
discusses possible solutions with the technicians.
- Provide specific instructions to technicians for new, difficult, or unusual
Bachelor’s degree in a chemical, physical or biological science of medical technology from an accredited institution.
Current certification/registration as determined by the American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) or AMT; includes. Blood Banking (BB); Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS)
Two years of experience in Blood Banking
BLS Certification from the American Heart Association or American Red Cross
Licensure/Registration: Medical Laboratory Scientist or Medical Technologist
We are the equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Distinctive Home & Healthcare
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?