Distiller is looking for a Senior Director of Technology to drive major development initiatives across a variety of products. This person believes in a lightweight behavior-driven development process and continuous improvement and iteration, and thrives working at a small but growing startup. This person enjoys building and leading a small team and driving the development of new products.
Distiller is the world’s largest whiskey and spirits focused platform, and enables users to discover, rate, review, and discuss spirits that they’re trying with people all over the world. We are an award-winning platform and the industry leader in our space. If you love whiskey and code this could be the best job ever!
- Direct Distiller’s technical approach and lead all aspects of development with an emphasis on lean startup methodology.
- Work with company leadership to build up the development team within Distiller.
- Direct and oversee new feature and product development.
- Evaluate technologies and tools. Establish best practices, team habits, workflows and processes.
- Directly contribute to feature development by writing and reviewing code.
- Communicate technology strategy to partners and investors.
- Negotiate and work with vendors, contractors and strategic partners.
Must have much of the following:
- Proven experience in similar leadership roles.
- Hiring and team building experience.
- Ability to craft clear and direct timelines and department budgets.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Interest in and keen awareness of emerging technological trends.
- Detail oriented approach to problem solving.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field and/or 5+ years of experience as a professional software developer.
Familiarity with some or most of the following:
- C#/Xamarin Studio/Visual Studio
- iOS/Android development
- Maintaining a hosted web service