Job Posting Title: Technical Project Manager-Agile software development. 2yr Project Hire
Job Description: The Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products segment (DPEP) is increasingly faced with demands to reduce cost, grow revenue and deliver faster, in an already complex operating environment; these demands require us to look at innovative ways of operating in order to overcome these challenges. The Technical Project Manager, within DPEP, is responsible for delivering technology driven software development projects across a diverse portfolio supporting all aspects of the DPEP segment.
This role supports the Play Disney Parks app and brings unique in-park experiences and family-friendly activities to life-including games for select attractions, interactive land-wide experiences such as the Star Wars: Datapad experience for Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge and more! ***This position is a 2 year Project Hire position***
The Project Manager will help develop and grow the Project Management & Platform teams influence within our organization with a focus on helping to evolve our use of agile tools and processes. The ideal candidate is passionate about the agile movement and the value that it brings to organizations.
Req ID: 715064BR
Job Type: Full Time
Country / Region: US
Segment: Parks, Experiences and Products
- Minimum of 5 years of Project Management experience in a cross-functional technical software delivery capacity with a focus on Agile delivery and Agile delivery tools such as VersionOne, Jira, etc..
- Proven knowledge and experienced in the technology field and technology project delivery.
- Proven experience in leading technology projects.
- Proven facilitator that can lead project team meetings and workshops driving commitments, accountability, and deliverables.
- Demonstrated exceptional critical thinking, strategic planning, and process management skills.
- Demonstrated experience developing and managing software development project plans.
- Demonstrated experience with software development lifecycle methodologies (focused on Agile, Lean).
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills to achieve business results
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills and the ability to work effectively across a wide range of constituencies in a diverse corporate and client environment.
- Proven ability to deliver projects on time and on budget while communicating with key senior leaders.
- Ability to inspire, motivate and lead a team to produce quality work in the development of project solutions.
- Ability to communicate effectively to executive leadership in both business and technology roles.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent organizational, communication and time management skills.
Business: Parks, Experiences and Products
- Undergraduate degree (e.g., B.S. /B.A.) and/or equivalent experience.
- Experience in supporting travel trade, hospitality, and/or large scale businesses and logistics systems.
- Agile certifications, i.e. ACP, CSM.
Postal Code: 91201
- Confidently drive cross-functional project teams through the full delivery life-cycle, with a focus on our continued development of Agile delivery.
- Work with cross discipline delivery leads and team members to validate project assumptions, dependencies and review plans with senior leadership.
- Serve as primary liaison among multiple team members, including project controller, solution engineer, application teams, infrastructure, planning, business partners, vendors and other key functional delivery roles.
- Hands on leadership guiding teams to think Lean and be Agile.
- Utilize the Agile tool with each team as defined by projects and/or the organization.
- Foster a team environment of self-organization, retrospect to learn and adapt with the goal of delivering the highest value to our guests and cast.
- Identifies opportunities for process and practice improvements in the project management environment and serves as a catalyst for project management excellence.
- Participates in internal and/or external training programs, staying current and compliant on project management, agile, application or technical skills applicable to assigned duties.
- May be called upon to enhance our delivery practice by mentoring and leading of more junior project management team members.
- Lead with an inclusive leadership style that embraces diversity, and will allow them to successfully operate in a highly matrix organizational system where partnership and influence are key drivers of success.