Job Posting Title: Senior Paralegal
Job Description: We are searching for a senior level paralegal to work across multiple platforms and assist with matters related to production, advertising/marketing (including social media marketing matters), brand, merchandising and events for its young adult network Freeform as well the kids-affiliated networks/services (i.e., Disney Channel, Disney Junior, Disney XD and Radio Disney).
This position requires content review and clearance experience, exceptional organizational skills, an unwavering attention to detail and deadlines, drafting and negotiating expertise, acumen in legal issue spotting, and constant, effective communication with both internal clients and third parties.
The right candidate will work closely with all levels of Business and Legal Affairs staff, internal business unit representatives and similarly situated parties outside of the company.
Req ID: 711974BR
Job Type: Full Time
Country / Region: US
Segment: Media Networks
Additional Information: LegalAffairs
- Must have at least two years of legal experience.
- The ability to track and meet all relevant deadlines and follow up as appropriate.
- Familiarity with marketing, programming and production agreements.
- The ability to multitask in a challenging, fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
- Fast learner with excellent client service, including project ownership from start to finish.
- The ability to spot and distinguish legal issues versus non-legal issues in legal paperwork.
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to identify and analyze issues and devise solutions and strategies.
- Strong understanding of contracts with the ability to draft contract language and integrate business issues into contracts.
- Detail-oriented with thorough grammatical, writing and proofreading skills.
- Conceptual thinker with excellent judgment.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- The ability to take direction and offer relevant solutions as needed.
- Initiative and attention to detail.
- Excellent oral, written, proof-reading and listening skills.
- An ability to independently manage one's workload but to ask for assistance when needed.
- Team player.
- Holds self and others accountable for results.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook and other office-related software.
Business: Walt Disney Television
- Bachelor's Degree
- Paralegal Certification (J.D.s will be considered)
- Legal experience in the marketing and/or television fields (recent law school graduates will be considered).
Postal Code: 91505
- Drafting and negotiating agreements, amendments and other legal documentation for productions, events, pitches, graphics, spots, actors, writers, directors, below-the-line talent, amongst others, all within very short time frames.
- Reviewing existing series and film agreements to analyze rights and restrictions, and delivering such information to clients in a clear, concise manner.
- Reviewing marketing materials and television spots for legal issues.
- Maintaining various departmental charts and inputting information into databases on a daily basis.
- Handling title clearance matters for the division.
- Updating and training clients regarding relevant internal processes and protocols.
- Helping with special projects as assigned and approaching the same with a can-do attitude.