Job Posting Title: Big Data Developer - MAdTech
Job Description: Who's looking for you...
At Disney, we're storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technological leader. Walt's passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world-a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences - and we're constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences.
Why should you join us...
Got what it takes? You can directly impact the business and the entertainment industry as a whole. We have opportunities to work on a variety of fascinating projects across all business verticals. Come join a world-class team that grows smarter and stronger every day. Our team captures scaled returns to learning by constantly teaching and reinforcing each other, and we welcome new minds to expand our knowledge and skill network.
If you're passionate about creating robust and scalable data products that fuel a Marketing & Advertising Technology (MAdTech) ecosystem, come join us! We are looking for a big data developer who has extensive experience with cloud-based big data platforms who is capable of breaking down and solving complex business problems with data, tools, and connections. You will be responsible for development, technical thought leadership, and delivery of features and capabilities for the platform. You will be part of a group of highly skilled analysts and developers who curate data from across the Disney Parks, Experience, and Products (DPEP) segment. These data products enable data-driven marketing and advertising operations throughout activation, reporting, and analytic use cases.
Req ID: 715566BR
Job Type: Full Time
Country / Region: US
Segment: Parks, Experiences and Products
Category: Marketing and Promotions
- 6+ years of designing and building data products (structured and unstructured) that are critical in the process of delivering business goal
- Extensive experience with developing and deploying solutions in a cloud native environment
- Experience with data concepts like ETL, near-/real-time data, data ingest, data syndication, data curation, metadata, and workflow management.
- Experience with big data tools and technologies (NoSQL): Snowflake, Hadoop/HDFS, Shell Scripting, Spark, Kafka, Big Query, Cassandra, etc.
- Experience with programming languages: Python, SQL, Perl, Java, PIG, HIVE, etc.
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc
- Experience with code and release management tools (e.g. GITHUB, GITLAB), continuous integration/delivery pipelines, and agile development best-practices.
- Exceptional ability to consistently convey thoughts in a fast-paced multi-level environment
- Exceptional ability to consistently deliver high-quality work in very complex and ambiguous situations
Business: Parks, Experiences and Products
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Sciences, MIS or a related field
Postal Code: 34747
- Master's degree in Computer Sciences, MIS or a related field
- Build data products across the entire platform across all phases of data product development/engineering including design, code development, and testing in an agile environment.
- Collaborate with partners across the data product development teams to deliver project deliverables per defined timelines
- Collaborate cross functional to migrate legacy applications to modern architectures (migrate SQL based databases to cloud solutions like Snowflake, Hadoop, AWS etc.).
- Perform querying optimization, index tuning, and other optimizations to ensure the health of code base and platforms.