Resident Manager, Men's Recovery Residence
Dismas House Of Kansas City Inc Kansas City, MO
- Posted: over a month ago
- $12,000 Monthly
Dismas House of Kansas City, Inc.
Resident Manager – Position Description
Resident Managers live in the home with residents and help to create and maintain a safe, clean, comfortable and supportive home environment in which residents can continue their healing recovery. A Resident Manager is responsible for overall supervision, monitoring and reporting aspects of the residents’ daily activities, and will be sensitive to any concerns or issues that may arise with residents in the home.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- 1-year previous experience in the recovery or similarly related field preferred
- Minimum 2 years of sobriety
- TB and COVID-19 Clearance
- Valid Missouri Driver’s License
- Ability to use computer to write, send and read emails
- Ability to effectively communicate and build rapport with residents
- Ability to establish respectful, cooperative working relationships with staff, and supervisor
- Basic knowledge of mental health and substance use disorders, and an understanding of addiction treatment experience, support meetings including 12-step and other modalities used within a recovery/ treatment setting
- Enforce agency’s standards, policies and procedures, house rules, code of conduct and rights of residents
- Monitor residents’ daily schedules and provide a nightly report to include resident’s daily activities, attendance at supportive meetings, chores, observation of house rules.
- Conduct random client urinalysis drug screens / breathalyzer tests and document accordingly
- Coordinate and conduct weekly house meetings to discuss internal conflicts, communication needs etc.
- Management and responsibility of stocking groceries, toiletries, supplies etc.
- Peer support for residents with any concerns including adjustment to a new environment, roommate differences etc.
- Conduct residence orientation to includes review of house rules, chores, safety drills and locations of fire extinguishers, emergency evacuation diagram, exit routes, evacuation procedures, and first-aid kits
- Light laundry, and cleaning as needed including for room changes / new residents
- Assist clients when needed in learning new life skills to include cooking and cleaning
- Quick, appropriate response to emergency situations, including successful ability to remain calm and deescalate intense situations.
- Immediately report all incidents and health and safety hazards to supervisor
- Report facility maintenance/ repair problems to supervisor
- Additional duties may be required if deemed necessary
· Rent and Utilities free home, featuring newly remodeled kitchen and bath with in-home laundry facilities, paid by employer. $1000 per month/$12,000 annually
· In addition to free rent and utilities, the Resident Manager will receive a monthly stipend of $750 - $1,000.
Dismas House Of Kansas City IncWhy Work Here?
Our Business Is Helping People Rebuild Their Lives From the Inside Out.
Dismas House of Kansas City, which was incorporated in 1972, is a faith-based clinical treatment and recovery support services center that provided a holistic approach to healing, restoration and wellness. Our emphasis is on individuals who are seeking to obtain or maintain recovery from substance use and behavior management disorders.
8800 Blue Ridge BlvdKansas City, MO