The Counselor Position requires two years of academic studies in a Social Science or Behavioral Science program at an accredited college or university. Paid work experience in Social Services or Corrections may be substituted for academic studies on a one-year to one-year basis. Must have personal computer (PC) work experience using Windows 2000 or XP operating systems. Work experience should include Microsoft Office Suite with a focus on Word and Excel applications. Should understand basic PC concepts (files, file paths, copying and pasting, deleting, and moving files) as well as operation of common office machinery. The candidate must also have good typing, spelling, grammar, organizational, and phone skills
Responsible for the supervision and continued implementation of the agency's policies and procedures in all areas related to the counseling and treatment programs, and all applicable documentation.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Responsible for complying with all agency policies and applicable procedures.
- Responsible for developing, coordinating, monitoring , evaluating and documenting individual program planning according to the specific needs of each client, to include relevant program goals, referrals, and individual , family, and group counseling strategies.
- Responsible for guiding, monitoring and documenting relevant aspects of resident movement, behavior and progress.
- Responsible for timely use of and timely recordkeeping in the FreshStart Client Management System.
- Responsible for timely submission of resident release plans, home confinement plans and termination letters.
- Responsible for communicating all relevant information to supervisory staff, in regard to the agency, the facility and the resident.
- Responsible for providing staff duty coverage as scheduled.
- Responsible for attending and participating in all meetings as required.
- Responsible for initiating and maintaining cooperative and effective liaison activities with supervising authorities and other agencies, community groups, and professional associations.
- In the event of a work stoppage, the Counselor will work all hours necessary to staff the center.
- Performs all other work duties as may be assigned.