Junior Volunteer Pre Kindergarten Teacher
- Posted: over a month ago
- Prepares lesson plans based on approved Florida VPK Curriculum and instructs children in age-appropriate activities according to a curriculum that is consistent with the philosophy and goals of the School and Company.
- Responsible for a classroom with the assistance of an Assistant Teacher.
- Sets up and maintains the classroom to ensure a safe, fun, and age-appropriate learning environment.
- Takes appropriate steps to clean and sanitize classrooms, materials, and restrooms.
- Ensures the classroom is clean and ready for tours at all times. Makes the classroom available for tours for prospective families.
- Treats the children with dignity and respect, displaying friendly, enthusiastic, and caring behavior, while guiding them in a positive manner and teaching them to respect themselves and others.
- Recognizes and considers the background, special talents, and interests, style, and pace of learning of each child and provides developmentally appropriate activities.
- Establishes and maintains a safe and healthy learning environment.
- Reports any injuries or accidents to Management immediately and completes necessary forms.
- Supervises the children as required by the Center and state regulations.
- Participates with children in activities in the classroom and playgrounds appropriate.
- Plans and conducts parent conferences; provides daily written feedback to parents as appropriate.
- Partners with Center Director and/or Owner on any parent follow-up and communication.
- Maintains confidentiality of all information on children and their families.
- Reports suspected abuse or neglect as mandated by state regulations.
- Ability to implement Work Sampling On-line in the collection of child data used to complete child check lists and narrative summaries
- Conduct Parent-Teacher conferences twice a year (more often as needed or requested by parent) · Meet all deadlines as required by Director and Assistant Director.
- Attend Annual Professional Development Training as Required by Management
- Attends all staff meetings, training sessions, meetings and programs as requested by the Director and/or Owner.
- Commitment to complete annual state licensing training requirements
- Performs other duties as requested by the Director and/or Owner.
- Demonstrates integrity, honesty, and professionalism
- Knowledge and understanding of all current applicable child care regulations
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to problem-solve, manage conflict
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work flexible schedule consistent with hours of operation, and ability to adapt hours to the needs of the business
- Proficient in basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- Ability to balance multiple priorities.
- Must meet state licensing requirements for education and experience
- Knowledge of early childhood education and curriculum
- Must be able to meet state background check requirements.
- Knowledge of child care licensing rules and regulations
- Ability to obtain training in CPR/Fire Safety and other training required
- 401k plan
- Paid time off
- Holiday pay
- Health Insurance
- One year of free professional development
- Facebook- DiscoveryPointtwelveoaks
- Teachers must have taught for at least 6-12 months of the school year
- Experience with Curriculum a plus
Disclaimer: Each Discovery Point franchise is independently owned and operated by a franchisee. Your application will go directly to the franchisee, and all hiring decisions will be made by the franchise location’s management. All inquiries about employment at this franchise location should be made directly to the franchisee, and not to Discovery Point Franchising.
Discovery Point -Twelve Oaks
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?