Overnight Counselor - Mental Health, Residential
Discovery Mood & Anxiety Program Dripping Springs, TX
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
At Discovery Mood & Anxiety Program you will have the opportunity to work closely within a team of professionals consisting of mental health experts, all dedicated to promoting lasting health and healing. Clinical supervision and guidance are provided on total client care and therapeutic milieu management, as well as career growth and personal development oversight. You will develop an individualized growth plan which will help you develop your professional skills and career objectives.
If you are looking for an organization that thrives on growth, celebrates diversity of thought, and rewards passionate execution, you’ve come to the right place. Because we put clients first, it is our honor to support and reward those who serve them.Job Description
The Overnight Counselor is responsible for assisting and supporting clients through the entire treatment experience, from admission through discharge, and is responsible for:
- Staying awake and being ready to handle any overnight emergency;
- Contributing insightful, practical and meaningful information to support the client’s behavior, mood and healing progress
- Role-modeling appropriate and supportive behavior based on your training and experience
- Supporting our clients in their journey to a healthier and more productive life
- Maintaining a safe, clean and inviting environment
The Counseling team is available to our clients on a twenty-four hour basis. Counselors are often part of the client’s major support system, and as such, derive great satisfaction from making a powerful difference in their lives. Counselors manage crisis situations such as food refusal, emotional breakdowns and more. Discovery Mood & Anxiety Program is open to ideas for connecting with our clients in new and innovative ways. Counselors are empowered to be creative in their approach as personal strengths, skills and passions (e.g. yoga, art, hobbies…) may be integrated into our program.
- Checking on sleeping clients regularly
- Supervising client hygiene time in the morning
- Managing nighttime emergencies and crises as they arise
- Soothing clients and working through issues as needed
- Understanding and maintaining the confidential nature of all client and program related activities
- Attending all training, education and staff enrichment activities; being familiar with the philosophy, mission and objectives of Discovery Behavioral Health
- Contributing to the well-being of all clients by serving as a positive role model, demonstrating appropriate dress, grooming, communication and positive behavior in a professional, warm and caring manner
- Sharing vital information of the client’s progress with the treatment team
- Maintaining an inviting environment and ensuring the house is tidy and clean at all times; replenishes supplies as needed
This is a part-time position that will work that will work 11pm - 7am. For a virtual tour of the facility, please visit our website at discoverymood.com.Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA) from four-year college/university OR
- Two-years of experience working within the mental health, counselor, or eating disorder fields
- Must possess a current Driver’s License and be in good standing
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
For more information about our company benefits, please visit us at discoverybehavioralhealth.com/careers/
Discovery Mood & Anxiety Program
AddressDripping Springs, TX
HealthcareView all jobs at Discovery Mood & Anxiety Program