Senior Corporate Accountant
- Expired: November 15, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Join the Discovery family, where quality and service are at the heart of everything we do! Discovery Land Company is a US-based real estate developer and operator of private residential club communities and resorts with a world-renowned portfolio of domestic and international properties.
Discovery Land Co. is seeking and experienced Sr. Corporate Accountant to join the corporate accounting team. This individual will partner closely with various business units to develop new accounting processes including the responsibility for a variety of accounting areas and financial close activities. The ideal candidate is an excellent communicator and comfortable with cross functional collaboration.
- Accounting-related responsibilities including but not limited to AP/AR/General Ledger
- Record daily cash and sales activities
- Manage reconciliation of accounts payable and accounts receivable between general ledger and subsidiary ledger
- Month-end accounting closing including posting journal entries, accruals, and review of detailed general ledgers
- Responsible for oversight and preparation of balance sheet reconciliations
- Provide assistance in preparation of the month-end consolidated financial reporting package
- Implementation of proper internal controls to ensure the accuracy and integrity of the financial statements
- Participate in the annual external audit exercise
- Create work flow charts for accounting duties and systems, including consolidation matrices and tracking audit progresses at project and corporate level
- Participate and embrace systems improvement or overhaul current processes, as needed
- Other duties as required
Skills and Qualifications
- 3-5 years of experience as a general accountant
- Bachelor's degree from accredited college or University, preferably in Finance, Accounting, Business, or equivalent preferred
- Experience in financial statement preparation and consolidation
- Proficient using Sage accounting software (Intacct), Timberline or experience using similar software
- Proficient using Excel
Benefits and Perks:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Competitive Pay and bonus eligibility
- 401k Contribution
- Professional development and upward mobility opportunities
- Work-Family Culture
About Discovery Land Company
Founded in 1994 by Michael S. Meldman, Discovery Land Company specializes in building luxury residential private club communities and resorts throughout the World. We have grown to be the premier player in the high-end resort residential niche with over 20 world-class projects in our portfolio. Every community features unparalleled amenities and inspired experiences that cater to a family-oriented lifestyle. Driven by a commitment to excellence and innovation, Discovery's distinguishing hallmark is a unique approach to each location that respectfully integrates the natural and cultural characteristics of the land that surrounds it. Named Robb Report Vacation Homes and Luxury Living's best developers of resort communities, Discovery's golf courses are continuously named among the top golf courses in the US by professionals and amateur golfers alike.
For more information about our company and properties, visit https://discoverylandco.com/our-worlds
Discovery Land Company
14605 N. 73rd StreetScottsdale, AZ
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Discovery Land Company
Get fresh Discovery jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.