- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Discovery Health MD
Founded by Drs. Ray and Ann Jarris in Seattle, Discovery Health MD was created on the principle of immediate access to expert medical advice and logistics for remote workers. Building on Dr. Rays decades of experience in the commercial maritime industry as the founder of Maritime Health Services and Global Medical Services, and Dr. Anns extensive experience in Emergency Medicine, Occupational Health, remote medicine and telemedicine, Discovery Health MD is changing the paradigm for delivering care in remote environments.
In addition to preventive and acute medical consultation, we are leaders in providing COVID-19 Testing and Vaccinations in the Puget Sound region.
We are looking for an organized and compassionate certified medical assistant to administer COVID-19 vaccines in accordance with current regulations. They will adhere to HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability) laws and proper PPE usage. To be successful as a certified medical assistant you must have excellent interpersonal skills and attention to detail. A good certified medical assistant can multitask in stressful situations.
- Wednesday thru Saturday Availability
- Essential Functions
- Provides and assists with on-site vaccinations, including an administrative role as necessary
- Adheres to policies and procedures of Discovery Health MD, including the operations Standard Operating Procedures and Medical Protocols.
- Implements standing orders and follows guidelines for vaccine administration
- Maintains medical supplies and vaccines in accordance with applicable standards and the correct handling based on the Emergency Use Authorization or the Vaccine Information Sheet
- Participates and completes all daily assignments proficiently, punctually, and in accordance with the directives of the Standards of Procedure
- Maintains vaccination site, including setup and cleanup of vaccination location
- Understanding the ethics of patient processes, confidentiality, and personal health information data management
- Ability to intake multiple pieces of information from multiple sources, prioritize and in a clear, concise, and accurate manner communicate to all appropriate stakeholders
- Ability to provide clinical mentorship and guidance to other medical team members
- Other duties as assigned.
- Candidates must be credentialed as a Medical Assistant - Certified (CMA)
- Minimum two years experience
- Basic assessment skills and knowledge of anatomy
- Demonstrated ability to build working relationships with individuals of various ages, cultures, socioeconomic backgrounds, and abilities.
- Ability and aptitude with Microsoft 0365 and other technology necessary for successful day-to-day functioning in a business environment.
- Clean nationwide criminal background check and driving record background check.
- Mental Requirements Ability to reason logically and make sound decisions, to consider alternative and diverse perspectives, to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, to reman poised under all circumstances, and to interact effectively with people in a positive manner that creates confidence and trust.
- Work Environment/Physical Requirements Long periods of sitting, walking to various work areas, going up and down stairs, working on a computer, talking on the phone, working with office/computer equipment, attending meetings, and sitting at desk or table while listening, talking, and taking notes. Frequently required to lift objects weighing up to 30 pounds. Required to work outdoors in all types of weather.
Starting at $30 an hour
In addition to competitive pay, Discovery Health MD offers a full spectrum of benefits including:
- A Health Insurance Provider with 8 various plans suited to fit your individual needs. 5 of which are a zero monthly premium to our employee
- Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Tax-advantaged Health Savings Accounts and Healthcare Flex Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Meaningful professional growth opportunities and career development
- Formal training with leadership and skill-building courses
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k Option
As of August 2021, Discovery Health MD staff are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as indicated by the CDC (Centers for Disease Control). If hired, you will be required to submit proof of vaccination on the first day of hire.
If you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our online application system as a result of a disability, you may request an accommodation by contacting the People & Equity department at HR@discoveryhealthmd.com.
Discovery Health MD complies with applicable State & Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, citizenship or immigration status, honorably discharged veteran or military status, or the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability.
Discovery Health MD
HealthcareView all jobs at Discovery Health MD