Administrative Assistant - Bellingham
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Discovery Health MD
Founded by Drs. Ray and Ann Jarris in Seattle, Discovery Health MD was created on the principle of immediate access to expert medical advice and logistics for remote workers. Building on Dr. Rays decades of experience in the commercial maritime industry as the founder of Maritime Health Services and Global Medical Services, and Dr. Anns extensive experience in Emergency Medicine, Occupational Health, remote medicine and telemedicine, Discovery Health MD is changing the paradigm for delivering care in remote environments.
In addition to preventive and acute medical consultation, we are leaders in providing COVID-19 Testing and Vaccinations in the Puget Sound region.
Disrupt norms within the medical field to ensure immediate, equitable access to expert advice, logistics, and technology
To keep people safe and healthy at home and work (and travel)
At Discovery Health MD, we value:
- Service: We take responsibility for ensuring the health, stability, and welfare of our company, employees, clients, and community within our abilities and resources.
- Equity: We ensure equitable access to medical expertise, care, and technology. We are committed to building a workplace that strives to recruit and encourage talent while recognizing and rectifying structural inequalities and biases that may affect promotion and retention.
- Passion: We are passionate about developing creative solutions to challenging problems and providing excellent service. We are passionate about supporting and growing our team and constantly improving through self-reflection.
The administrative assistant is expected to perform all administrative functions at one of our Consumer Testing facilities. This includes, but is not limited to, checking in patients and adhering to HIPAA regulations. This is a full time role. Monday through Sunday availability.
- Monday through Sunday availability.
- Previous experience with patient registration helpful.
- Demonstrated understanding of excellent customer service
- Data Entry and/or Office Experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) and Outlook
- Experience working successfully within a team that shares work responsibilities and helps each other to achieve goals and deliverables.
- Able to efficiently use scheduling software and client database to accurately enter, update, and search data.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Expert level attention to detail
- Ability to communicate clearly in spoken and written English, additional languages are beneficial
- Regular access to reliable transportation
- Ability to work independently
Conditions of Employment/Working Conditions
- Work shifts will vary each week. Flexible scheduling to include Saturday and Sunday work hours.
- Standard business hours are 40 hours/week but may be expected to adjust the work schedule to meet business needs.
- Travel to other onsite testing locations may be required for training.
- Some travel may be required although very infrequent, and is typically local or regional, to meet with stakeholders, conduct business, or attend or provide training.
- Regularly lifting and moving objects between 25 and 30 lbs.
Starting at $25 an hour
In addition to competitive pay, Discovery Health MD offers a full spectrum of benefits including:
- A health insurance provider with 8 various plans suited to fit your individual needs. 5 of which are a zero monthly premium to our employee
- Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Tax-advantaged Health Savings Accounts and Healthcare Flex Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Meaningful professional growth opportunities and career development
- Formal training with leadership and skill-building courses
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k Option
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job. As an adaptive organization, responsibilities can and will change in alignment with greater efficiencies and mission metrics.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY AND NON-DISCRIMINATION:
Discovery Health MD is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. Discovery Health MD does not discriminate with regards to hiring, assignment, promotion or other conditions of staff employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other status protected under local, state or federal law.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of our positions.
Discovery Health MD is an equal opportunity employer. We value having employees whose skills, experience and background reflect the diverse populations we serve.
Discovery Health MD
BusinessView all jobs at Discovery Health MD