Senior Marketing Analyst
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Who We Are
What makes Discovery Education a GREAT fit for you? We are the global leader in standards-aligned digital curriculum resources, engaging content, and professional learning for K-12 classrooms, and we partner with districts, states, and like-minded organizations to provide teachers with customized solutions that support the success of all learners. When you join the Discovery Education team, you become part of a fast-growing global organization that is empowering educators with the digital tools and professional learning they need to connect students to the real-world.
For candidates interested in taking their next career step in the educational technology space, Discovery Education offers the fast pace and excitement of working for a startup, the support of an established organization, and the opportunity to be on the front lines of innovation in an industry that is always growing and transforming. Team members enjoy a high-energy, purpose-driven work environment — as well as tremendous opportunities to grow, learn and make a difference. We are an organization focused on diversity and inclusivity that provides opportunities to engage with people from variety of backgrounds. If you like working with a curious, collaborative, high-performing team, Discovery Education is the place for you.
Living Our Values
Discovery Education is a company that lives and breathes its Values. By doing so, we position our organization to continue leading the education technology world.
- INNOVATION: We drive a culture of innovation within our organization and with our partners to prepare leaders of tomorrow.
- CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT: We commit to continuous improvement by anticipating and adapting to the changing needs of our partners and the educational landscape.
- EMPOWERMENT: We empower all learners by providing highly engaging, relevant experiences our partners’ trust.
- INTEGRITY: We hold ourselves to the highest-standards and conduct ourselves with integrity in all that we do.
- COMMUNITY: We connect and support our global community of learners.
- INCLUSIVITY: We strive to build a company with people from diverse backgrounds, so we can better enable all learners to reach their highest potential regardless of race, gender, socio-economic standing, sexual orientation, language, ability, location, or technology.
What You’ll Do
The Senior Marketing Analyst will support our product, partner engagement, leadership and marketing teams with insights gained from analyzing customer data. This position will be part of a team that is focused on delivering highly scalable reports and insights that enable growth of current and future products and services to our customers. The ideal candidate will be passionate about data and contributing to the growth of a data driven organization.
- Lead the development, maintenance, and automation of growth and attribution reporting for evaluating performance of marketing campaigns including but not limited to paid media, web traffic, corporate partnerships, and social media.
- Manage projects and collaborate with cross-functional team members to develop and implement improved reporting and data workflows and processes to support business goals.
- Access and analyze marketing and product data to generate insights for internal teams.
- Collaborate with marketing teams to document campaign objectives and proactively build reports to report on the efficacy of campaigns.
- Develop and present standard, management-level reporting, dashboards, and analyses to multiple stakeholders across the organization.
- Participate in data governance initiatives to drive consistent and proper handling of data inside the platform and across the business.
- Assist in overall design of the data capture, application of metadata, and reporting structure.
- Conduct unit testing and participate with system testing as required.
- Follow standards and procedures, and complete required documentation of all work.
- Refine data collection opportunities along the customer journey to inform adjustments to the customer experience and development of buyer and user personas.
- Assist in tagging, event tracking, segmentations and dashboard creation in Segment, Pendo, Looker and Google Analytics for internal teams.
- Assist in training and evangelizing the democratization of data at Discovery Education.
- Manage scheduled and ad hoc reporting needs of the organization.
- Analyze data for errors and inconsistencies and participate in analysis of structured and unstructured data.
- Deliver clean and performant code to support Discovery Education’s web applications.
Who You Are
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelors or Masters in computer science, mathematics, statistics, information systems, research or a related quantitative field or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of 4-5 years’ experience managing large data sets and analyzing data for actionable insights.
- 3+ years working with marketing data and building attribution reports.
- Technical competence to perform data analytics and utilize web analytics to manage web development life cycle.
- Experience taking transactional business data, analyzing that data to answer a core research question and using analytics tools and systems to present the findings and insights.
- Experience querying/joining databases and using statistical computer languages:
- R, Python, and SQL.
- Experience working in BI/dashboarding tools, data transformation tools, and data warehouses. Looker, dbt, and Snowflake experience a plus.
- Experience working with data from Salesforce CRM, email marketing tools such as Salesforce Pardot, and web analytics tools such as Google Analytics.
- Experience working with very large data volumes (millions of daily events).
- Demonstrated ability to learn new systems quickly and master data integrity among multiple systems.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills – collaboration across multiple business and technology functions, relationship building and consensus building are a must.
- Must be able to work on and prioritize multiple tasks while working well under pressure.
- Always willing to learn something new, not rigid in beliefs or expectations.
- Have a demonstrated ability to understand, accept and engage with people of diverse backgrounds.
- A sense of humor because we all need to laugh sometimes.
- Legal right to work in the United States.
Discovery Education is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery Education is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
Discovery Education, Inc.
AddressSilver Spring, MD
BusinessView all jobs at Discovery Education, Inc.