Regional Marketing and Events Senior Specialist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Who We Are
What makes Discovery Education a GREAT fit for you? We are the global leader in standards-aligned digital curriculum resources, engaging content, and professional learning for K-12 classrooms, and we partner with districts, states, and like-minded organizations to provide teachers with customized solutions that support the success of all learners. When you join the Discovery Education team, you become part of a fast-growing global organization that is empowering educators with the digital tools and professional learning they need to connect students to the real-world.
For candidates interested in taking their next career step in the educational technology space, Discovery Education offers the fast pace and excitement of working for a startup, the support of an established organization, and the opportunity to be on the front lines of innovation in an industry that is always growing and transforming. Team members enjoy a high-energy, purpose-driven work environment — as well as tremendous opportunities to grow, learn and make a difference. We are an organization focused on diversity and inclusivity that provides opportunities to engage with people from variety of backgrounds. If you like working with a curious, collaborative, high-performing team, Discovery Education is the place for you.
Living Our Values
Discovery Education is a company that lives and breathes its Values. By doing so, we position our organization to continue leading the education technology world.
- INNOVATION: We drive a culture of innovation within our organization and with our partners to prepare leaders of tomorrow.
- CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT: We commit to continuous improvement by anticipating and adapting to the changing needs of our partners and the educational landscape.
- EMPOWERMENT: We empower all learners by providing highly engaging, relevant experiences our partners’ trust.
- INTEGRITY: We hold ourselves to the highest-standards and conduct ourselves with integrity in all that we do.
- COMMUNITY: We connect and support our global community of learners.
- INCLUSIVITY: We strive to build a company with people from diverse backgrounds, so we can better enable all learners to reach their highest potential regardless of race, gender, socio-economic standing, sexual orientation, language, ability, location, or technology.
What You’ll Do
Discovery Education is looking for a Regional Marketing and Events Senior Specialist to support regional partnership team members with promoting and executing upon standard event programs such as email communications, event logistics, lead capture and scoring. This role will work with global marketing, operations, sales, and other internal key stakeholders to assist in strategy and oversee the design, execution and tracking of multi-channel marketing programs using the marketing automation platform, Pardot, that is integrated with Salesforce.
Drives the attainment of market penetration and regional revenue goals by working in direct alignment with the Regional VP, Senior Directors, and field sales managers to identify sales objectives, strategic accounts, and priority clients to target with marketing campaigns specific to each territory.
- Provide marketing support required to build and generate new relationships with key stakeholders and work across the organization to deliver branding and specialized events that resonate with our partners in school districts across the country.
- Develop and support new events to engage partners and prospects to flawlessly and seamlessly execute upon plans, delivering the “special touches” and “Discovery magic” that reinforce brand image and awareness.
- Provide event-planning support for strategic in-person events, conferences and school districts; including venue selection, event registration, food and beverage, décor, technology/social tools, exhibit services, content, collateral, onsite staffing, branded premiums.
- Own Zoom webinar platform and promote vision to internal stakeholders utilizing best practices.
- Acts as liaison with external vendors, school districts, and event organizations, managing contracts and relationships.
- Curate and manage monthly calendar and strategize to increase engagement through live and on-demand session.
- Find ways to negotiate measurable savings on catering, audio/visual equipment, transportation, entertainment and other supply services.
- Maintain project plans to be used in tracking project milestones and deliverables weekly for ongoing projects.
- Responsible for processing invoices, monthly statements, check requests and expense reports.
- Support all operational and process-oriented functions (i.e. event and creative requests, logistics, merchandising, gifts, shipments, etc.)
- Coordinating print orders with copy centers and managing shipments to/from event sites.
- Create Salesforce campaigns and utilize Salesforce-Pardot for marketing automation and reporting.
- Responsible for identifying KPIs for each regional event/campaign, and ensure that all regional marketing activities deliver ROI.
- Leverage data (through SF campaigns and Pardot) to inform event plans and determining effectiveness of all marketing initiatives.
- Capture qualified leads and ensure leads are followed up and tracked.
Liaise with Internal Stakeholders
- Work within regional sales teams to translate global strategy/marketing plans into regional marketing plans, tactics and actions; generate market awareness and foster development of the associations.
- Collaborate on strategic event presence to showcase Discovery Education.
Who You Are
Required Skills & Experience:
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with a variety of audiences, including senior management, stakeholders and external agencies.
- Excellent project management skills with an ability to set and achieve goals, meet deadlines and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to balance a high volume of projects simultaneously while paying strong attention
- to detail.
- Strong budget management and logistical planning experience.
- Ability to find solutions where there isn’t a clear one in sight.
- Working knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and HTML/CSS is preferred.
- Salesforce Lightning experience.
- Zoom Webinar management experience.
- Analytical and a data-driven thinker.
- Basic understanding of web design and development project management.
- Up to date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement.
- Experience with Asana or other project management software is a plus.
- At least 5 years digital and event marketing experience.
- BS/MS degree in marketing or related fields, or equivalent work experience.
- Education industry experience a plus.
- Must be able to conduct business during non-business hours, including weekends, when necessary.
- Candidate must be willing to travel 25%.
- Always willing to learn something new, not rigid in beliefs or expectations.
- Have a demonstrated ability to understand, accept and engage with people of diverse backgrounds.
- A sense of humor because we all need to laugh sometimes.
- Legal right to work in the United States.
Discovery Education is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery Education is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
Discovery Education, Inc.
AddressSilver Spring, MD
BusinessView all jobs at Discovery Education, Inc.