Partner Impact Director
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Who We Are
What makes Discovery Education a GREAT fit for you? We are the global leader in standards-aligned digital curriculum resources, engaging content, and professional learning for K-12 classrooms, and we partner with districts, states, and like-minded organizations to provide teachers with customized solutions that support the success of all learners. When you join the Discovery Education team, you become part of a fast-growing global organization that is empowering educators with the digital tools and professional learning they need to connect students to the real-world.
For candidates interested in taking their next career step in the educational technology space, Discovery Education offers the fast pace and excitement of working for a startup, the support of an established organization, and the opportunity to be on the front lines of innovation in an industry that is always growing and transforming. Team members enjoy a high-energy, purpose-driven work environment — as well as tremendous opportunities to grow, learn and make a difference. We are an organization focused on diversity and inclusivity that provides opportunities to engage with people from variety of backgrounds. If you like working with a curious, collaborative, high-performing team, Discovery Education is the place for you.
Living Our Values
Discovery Education is a company that lives and breathes its Values. By doing so, we position our organization to continue leading the education technology world.
- INNOVATION: We drive a culture of innovation within our organization and with our partners to prepare leaders of tomorrow.
- CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT: We commit to continuous improvement by anticipating and adapting to the changing needs of our partners and the educational landscape.
- EMPOWERMENT: We empower all learners by providing highly engaging, relevant experiences our partners’ trust.
- INTEGRITY: We hold ourselves to the highest-standards and conduct ourselves with integrity in all that we do.
- COMMUNITY: We connect and support our global community of learners.
- INCLUSIVITY: We strive to build a company with people from diverse backgrounds, so we can better enable all learners to reach their highest potential regardless of race, gender, socio-economic standing, sexual orientation, language, ability, location, or technology.
What You’ll Do
Discovery Education is looking for a strategic, seasoned Marketing and Partner Impact professional to lead the strategic activation and growth for a designated portfolio of corporate, foundation and nonprofit partner programs to deepen the educational experience for students everywhere.
You will thrive in an externally-facing role with responsibility for driving impact through customer engagement, retention and growth strategies. The body of programs includes initiatives in areas such as workforce readiness, health and wellness, STEM, financial literacy, SEL and more. CEP programs support educating the whole-child and provide dynamic real-world learning opportunities for students nationwide, anchored by Discovery Education’s award-winning K-12 services.
This role focuses on building collaborative, revenue-producing partnerships by managing complex and multi-faceted partner relationships. As Director, Partner Impact you will own, drive, and implement successful outcomes for all partnerships in your portfolio. You are equally comfortable being hands on and strategic. You will oversee, monitor and plan around programmatic priorities - mobilizing necessary internal and external resources to ensure all partnerships are effectively executed and partners’ needs are fully met. You will collaborate with members of the team and other departments to understand stakeholder needs and goals, You do all the above while keeping an eye on the right KPIs and outcomes.
Partner Engagement/Account Management
- Embrace full accountability for leading a client-facing team, ensuring the highest level of professionalism, service and flawless execution of programmatic revenue-driving deliverables.
- Lead the strategic planning and execution of Discovery Education’s marquis annual student science competition.
- Own client relationships, accountable for cultivating, nurturing and developing across the full range of contacts (day-to-day program managers, influencers, decision-makers) in support of deliverables, renewals and upsell targets.
- Facilitate strategic, consistent communication across Partner Impact and larger CEP team to ensure DE’s targets and mission are achieved/exceeded.
- Understand the client’s business and industry and tie their educational investment to positive impact on their business.
- Anticipate business cycles and strategically problem-solve, building skills within your team to do the same.
- Oversee & manage all partner program results including, research findings, competitive activity, etc., to proactively identify marketing opportunities to enhance, expand and extend current initiative.
- Manage program strategy and provide proactive recommendations based on management of process to continually monitor/analyze results.
- Demonstrate poise, professionalism and polish in all communications with partners.
- Work closely with CEP’s VP, Partner Activation & Growth, SVP of Sales and Director of Operations to profitably grow Discovery Education’s Corporate Partnerships business.
- Direct overall development and execution of assigned program deliverables.
- Plans and prioritize program deliverables in conjunction with Discovery Education’s Hubs of Excellence (Curriculum, Video, Creative, Marketing, Web, Research, Immersive).
- Support, coach and develop team members to ensure company, team and individual success.
- Have line of sight and clear understanding of partner programs under your purview.
Who You Are
Required Skills & Experience:
- Experienced and respected sales or account management executive with minimum 10 - 12 years of direct partnership, account facing, sales and/or development responsibility.
- Proven ability to meet and exceed aggressive targets in achieving business objectives.
- Demonstrated innovative and strategic leader with strong analytical skills.
- Experienced and demonstrated knowledge of sales processes, client management, and strategies and tactics to grow revenue.
- Candidate must be highly organized, able to prioritize and be driven by a strong work ethic and a sense of urgency.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in business management, communications, marketing, or related fields or equivalent work experience.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office tools including One Drive, Slack, and Outlook.
- Once safely permitted, candidate must be willing to travel 10 - 15% of the time to meet with partners, customers, or internal meetings.
- Always willing to learn something new, not rigid in beliefs or expectations.
- Have a demonstrated ability to understand, accept and engage with people of diverse backgrounds.
- A sense of humor because we all need to laugh sometimes.
- Legal right to work in the United States.
Discovery Education is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery Education is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
Discovery Education, Inc.
BusinessView all jobs at Discovery Education, Inc.