- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Who We Are
What makes Discovery Education a GREAT fit for you? We are the global leader in standards-aligned digital curriculum resources, engaging content, and professional learning for K-12 classrooms, and we partner with districts, states, and like-minded organizations to provide teachers with customized solutions that support the success of all learners. When you join the Discovery Education team, you become part of a fast-growing global organization that is empowering educators with the digital tools and professional learning they need to connect students to the real-world.
For candidates interested in taking their next career step in the educational technology space, Discovery Education offers the fast pace and excitement of working for a startup, the support of an established organization, and the opportunity to be on the front lines of innovation in an industry that is always growing and transforming. Team members enjoy a high-energy, purpose-driven work environment — as well as tremendous opportunities to grow, learn and make a difference. We are an organization focused on diversity and inclusivity that provides opportunities to engage with people from variety of backgrounds. If you like working with a curious, collaborative, high-performing team, Discovery Education is the place for you.
Living Our Values
Discovery Education is a company that lives and breathes its Values. By doing so, we position our organization to continue leading the education technology world.
- INNOVATION: We drive a culture of innovation within our organization and with our partners to prepare leaders of tomorrow.
- CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT: We commit to continuous improvement by anticipating and adapting to the changing needs of our partners and the educational landscape.
- EMPOWERMENT: We empower all learners by providing highly engaging, relevant experiences our partners’ trust.
- INTEGRITY: We hold ourselves to the highest-standards and conduct ourselves with integrity in all that we do.
- COMMUNITY: We connect and support our global community of learners.
- INCLUSIVITY: We strive to build a company with people from diverse backgrounds, so we can better enable all learners to reach their highest potential regardless of race, gender, socio-economic standing, sexual orientation, language, ability, location, or technology.
What You’ll Do
As Operations Specialist of Global Operations, you will work on a high-energy team to facilitate customer order entry, order fulfillment of traditional and vendor direct deliveries. Problem solve and manage escalated fulfillment and delivery issues, partnering with internal stakeholders and 3PL partners. Manage digital store front inventory, order management and fulfillment for non-revenue products. Point person for all stakeholder fulfillment queries. Facilitate communication between internal cross-functional departments regarding production, order creation, shipping tracking and delivery of product. Lead all coordination between Partnerships, Marketing, Event Planning, Sales Enablement for product sampling fulfillment. Assist leading standardization of internal process around inventory forecasting and planning. Coordinate replacements and returns for damaged or miss-shipped orders. Assist with maintaining product specification database.
You need to be both a creative and an analytical thinker, combined with a master problem solver. You should be familiar with a wide range of traditional fulfillment strategies and techniques — as well as be willing to try new things and innovate the fulfillment process.
- Responsible for ongoing day-to-day execution on print fulfillment orders.
- Work closely with cross-functional stakeholders to set/manage expectations, priorities and deadlines and effectively communicate status.
- Responsible for updating product information in warehouse management system.
- Able to identify issues, report and escalate as needed and manage oversee resolutions.
- Provide production support with marketing collateral, high volume sampling campaigns including but not limited to product piloting, Caravan presentations/roadshows, thought-leadership events, and state adoption submissions.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the competitive landscape to best position Discovery Education for success in the K/12 Educational market.
- Understand the digital and print textbook industry and state adoption landscape, providing support to implementation efforts.
- Creating and updating purchase orders.
- Assist in developing supplier packaging standards.
Who You Are
Required Skills & Experience:
- 3-5+ years’ experience in logistics, publishing, project management, print fulfillment or related industries.
- Experience in K-12 education (directly or working for a provider) ideal.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office tools, basic ERP systems and Sales Force.
- Familiarity/experience working in or supporting any state Department of Education instructional materials/textbook adoption process strongly preferred.
- Proven track record of setting up and managing campaign processes and systems, including planning, deployment, and performance analysis.
- Self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Comfortable with being a leader and doer.
- Always willing to learn something new, not rigid in beliefs or expectations.
- Demonstrates intellectual curiosity.
- Have a demonstrated ability to understand, accept and engage with people of diverse backgrounds.
- A sense of humor because we all need to laugh sometimes.
- Legal right to work in the United States.
Discovery Education is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery Education is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
Discovery Education, Inc.
BusinessView all jobs at Discovery Education, Inc.