DiscoverFresh Foods Greenville, SC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are seeking an Assistant Controller to become an integral part of our team! You will oversee financial activities and personnel as well as identify areas of improvement to increase efficiency. The Assistant Controller role is vital to the ongoing growth, financial record-keeping, and cash management strategies of the company. This role will work directly with the Controller and all others as needed to accomplish the goals of the department and company.
Managing and facilitating month-end closing and account reconciliation processes including preparation and/or review of all Journal entries and Account Reconciliations
Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures, mainly for AP, AR, sales and use tax, cash management, and GL and other Finance areas as assigned.
Supervises, trains and mentors AR and AP associates, driving employee growth by cross-training between functions and delegating duties outside of the primary job role
Assists Controller with annual budget process through schedule preparation and account analysis
Prepares applicable reports and schedules and assists with external audits/exams as required by outside parties
Provide M/E, Q/E and Y/E account analysis
Ensures best practices for AP, AR, GL, fixed assets, sales and use tax compliance as well as looking for continuous improvement opportunities to enhance the quality, timing, and efficiencies in financial reporting
Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirement by studying existing and new legislation, anticipating future legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and filing/maintaining appropriate forms for Sales and use tax, property tax filings and IRS tax support
Prepare CIP and fixed asset schedules for internal and external use including to CPA firm for year-end review and taxes. Prepare all related JEs and Reconciliations.
Maintain affiliate books and records, ensuring complete and accurate accounting
Develop and maintain SOPs for all AP, AR, GL, sales and use tax functions and post on the shared drive.
Performs various additional requests, as needed
- Previous experience in accounting management or other related fields
- Fundamental knowledge of GAAP
- Strong leadership qualities
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Should be knowledgeable and proficient in the use of:
Knowledge and Skills:
- Applications such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Microsoft Dynamics-Great Plains or similar ERP system experience
Physical and mental requirements of the job include:
1. Work shifts may extend beyond 8 hours in overtime situations, include weekends or alternate work schedule arrangements
2. Must be able to work at desk using computer, telephone and other basic office equipment effectively
3. Must be physically able to work in sometimes awkward situations with manufacturing equipment and handle weights of up to 40 pounds as necessary
We believe that “Best is the Standard.” This applies to the food we produce, the efforts we put towards employee growth, the focus on safety and sustainability in all our business units, and the solutions we provide our clients.
DiscoverFresh FoodsWhy Work Here?
Fun, past-paced environment with ample growth opportunities!
Made with honesty, integrity and the familiar taste of home, our ready-to-eat foods and fresh-baked goods are prepared to be shared with love across tables, across generations and across the country. We believe that “Best is the Standard.” This applies to the food we produce, the efforts we put towards employee growth, the focus on safety and sustainability in all our business units, and the solutions we provide our clients.
600 S. Main StreetGreenville, SC
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at DiscoverFresh Foods