Customer Service Representative- MID AND EVENING SHIFTS
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We're all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
- Documents customer files.
- Utilizes effective verbal communication and problem-solving skills to handle customer service inquiries. Multi-tasking may be required based on function type.
- Navigates a computerized system for responding to and/or troubleshooting customer questions, which includes using standard screens, scripts, and procedures.
- Uses discretionary authority to satisfy the customer within reasonable limits including, but not limited to, adjustments or credit limit increases.
- Promote a risk aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
- Routine customer service inquiries require the use of standard screens, scripts, and procedures.
Work Schedules Available
Full-time ( 40 hours per week) schedules available:
- 3:00 PM - 12:30 AM Monday - Friday (with Saturday OR Sunday)
- 11:00 AM - 8:30 PM Monday - Friday (with Saturday OR Sunday)
- 11:00 AM - 9:00 PM Friday - Tuesday
- 2:30 PM - 12:00 AM Monday - Friday (with Saturday OR Sunday)
- 2:30 PM - 12:00 AM Thursday - Monday
- 2:30 PM - 12:00 AM Friday - Tuesday
Weekend and holiday scheduling is required to meet business needs
- Paid training will be 10 weeks long from 1:30pm - 10:00pm
- No time off allowed during training
- Weekend days are required during the training period
Pay starts at $16.50 per hour plus weekend shift differential.
For our Customer Service Specialists benefits start DAY ONE of your employment. These include:
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Paid time off (20 personal days + 7 holidays per year)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Full service cafeteria
- Access to fitness center
- Opportunities to volunteer in the community
- Development Groups and Trainings
If we had our say, we'd look for:
- High School Diploma
- 1+ years of experience in customer service
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
And by the way, while you're waiting to hear from us, don't forget to check out the great benefits Discover offers.
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.