Chief Operations Officer (COO)
- Posted: over a month ago
We are looking for a strong leader with a proven track record in operational excellence within similar growth CPG companies.
In this role, the COO is the right hand to the CEO/founder. You are an experienced executor with a proven track record of success, and have a diverse skill set across business operations, international supply chain with omni channel distribution (DTC & wholesale to national retailers), team development & financial operations.
You are a problem solver and are able to tackle growth complications (past & present) with patience and diligence. You understand the need of balancing short term plugs and long term solutions. You enjoy managing people and are able to shape a healthy yet growth-oriented culture.
You are driven by performance data and financial results and prefer a proactive approach, constantly seeking efficient and effective results.
You are exceptional at managing up through transparency, respectful communication and clear and realistic expectations. You can take a lot of information & present it in a simple, but significant way.
You are hands-on, can juggle multiple responsibilities, and excel under pressure. You thrive within a dynamic, “roll up your sleeve” environment and enjoy high levels of responsibility.
- Be the conduit between the CEO/founder the team, taking the CEO/founder’s vision and transforming it into an executable plan. Implement that plan across the team, vendors, partners, and customers.
- Provide ownership and leadership to all operating costs ensuring to maximize profitability, efficiencies and scalability.
- Oversee daily operations and be responsible for developing, implementing, monitoring, and improving infrastructure and operations to execute against performance targets, improve cross-functional alignment, and coordinate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Plan, design, and implement business operations to optimize a sustainable, cost-efficient supply chain that can scale.
- Across multiple parts of the customer journey, identify key growth and optimization opportunities. Goal set, monitor, and benchmark performance metrics including CAC, AOV, ROAS, and LTV through regular reporting.
- Develop, manage and track monthly, quarterly and annual budgets.
- Provide thought leadership, innovation insights, and optimization initiatives.
- Establish best practices for people operations: objectives, key results, processes, timing, assets and workflow needed to ensure an inclusive, high-performing, empowered, and engaged team.
- Build and ensure effective recruiting, onboarding, professional development, performance.
- Leadership experience at a similar profile company: (3+ Yrs)
- Reported directly to CEO/Principle/Founders
- Start-up experience
- Experience at a bootstrapped/self-funded business
- Growth Company Experience:
- 50-100% revenue growth YoY
- 30% - 100% headcount growth YoY
- In-depth applicable supply chain experience:
- Consumer-Packaged Goods experience (5 Yrs+)
- International supply chain experience (10 Yrs+)
- Contracted supply chain ( 3PLs & contracted manufacturers) with a network of existing contacts
- Omni channel distribution experience (DTC + Wholesale to National Big Box Retailers)
- Systems & technology acumen:
- Technologically savvy with leadership in implementing & managing business systems
- Direct experience w/ ERPs, OMS/IMS, WMS, Shopify
- Financial Operations:
- Track record of success with managing cost & optimizing returns
- Experience w/ owning departmental and/or company P&L
- Deep, holistic understanding of the levers impacting cash flow, profitability, liabilities & the financial health of an organization
- People Operations:
- Deep understanding of how to organize human resources for growth in an ever changing environment
- Experience institutionalizing a business beyond the founder & building a company culture
- Competitive salary.
- Equity kicker.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance including health savings account.
- Generous 401k.
- Corporate holidays and PTO.
- NIGHT products and wellness perks.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?