REMOTE: Community Support Team Lead
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Do you love music and giving great customer service to a community of people? Are you experienced at leading teams to do that as well? If so we would love to talk to you!
REMOTE OPEN TO FOLLOWING LOCATIONS ONLY OR, WA, CA, CO, ID, AZ, TX, IL
Who We Are
Discogs is the largest crowd-sourced, community-driven database of recorded music information in the world. Every day, millions of people use the Discogs Marketplace to connect, learn about music, and buy and sell vinyl records, CDs, and cassettes. As Discogs continues to grow, we are looking for bright, dedicated, creative, and highly motivated people to help us realize our mission to serve the music fan in everyone. We are relatively small, so individual contributions can have a large impact. High value is placed on quality, critical thinking, and continuous improvement. Our teams work collaboratively but are distributed geographically and open-source tools are important to who we are and how we work. We value the experiences and skills each team member contributes to helping us serve our music community.
Who We’re Looking For
The main objective of the Community Support Team Lead is to oversee the day-to-day operation of the Community Support team in their specific region. It is their responsibility to make sure that each team member is performing well, and to provide them with daily guidance on how their work should be divided and approached. The CS Team Lead tracks and understands team performance by monitoring ticket numbers (incoming and outgoing), customer satisfaction (CSAT), along with first-response and resolution times. This role will require them to provide feedback and coaching as necessary to ensure the success of the team’s daily operations. The CS Team Lead will work closely with the CS Manager to understand department strategy, and oversee the implementation of new procedures, policies and/or goals and KPIs.
What You’ll Accomplish
- Direct ticket processing strategy and coaching through daily team standups.
- Work with CS Manager to oversee CS Coordinator hiring, training, coaching and scheduling.
- Work with CS Manager to conduct and communicate weekly tracking of CS KPIs and goal progress.
- Identify issues that require better documentation externally and internally.
- Meet regularly with CS Coordinators, Senior Coordinators, Specialists and Senior Specialists to relay company and department updates, as well as provide feedback and coaching on an individual basis.
- May be required to provide clear, concise, and empathetic written responses to occasional escalated support requests.
- Collaborate with other CS Team Leads to develop and implement team policies, trainings and workflows.
- Meet regularly with CS Manager to provide updates, data reports and recommendations on team performance, efficiency, effectiveness, KPIs and strategy.
- Full understanding of Discogs policies, processes, features and related documentation.
- Understanding of Discogs roadmap and business strategy as it relates to the CS team.
- Understanding of team tools and metrics related to CS software and applications, especially ZenDesk.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You’ll Contribute
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university, or equivalent work experience.
- 7-10 years related work experience.
- Lead through change & adversity.
- Possess knowledge of the functions, operation, and mission of the business.
- Possess working knowledge in your department to be able to guide and mentor team members.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of Leads, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to establish, monitor, measure, and report on performance data that includes financial and activity reports, departmental or team productivity, goal achievement, and overall effectiveness.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to identify performance issues and resolve the issue as quickly and effectively as possible.
- Job requires specialized computer skills. Must be adept at using various applications including database, spreadsheet, report writing, project management, graphics, word processing, presentation creation/editing, communicate by e-mail and use scheduling software.
What We Provide
- Competitive compensation: salary, plus performance-related bonus program
- 401(k) with employer match
- 100% company-paid medical and dental insurance benefits for you and your dependents
- 4 weeks paid vacation, increasing based on tenure
- 18 weeks paid leave for birth moms
- 8 weeks paid parental leave, including for adoption
- Monthly wellness allowance
- Annual professional and personal development allowance
- Work from home office set-up and expense allowances
- Flexible work location opportunities
- Employer matching toward charitable contributions
What We Believe In
Discogs’ mission is to serve the music fan in everyone. We represent a diverse and inclusive community, and we are committed to serving our community with innovative and creative solutions. We know that innovation happens best when varying perspectives are embraced and integrated. Our global team reflects our global community.
Discogs is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applicants needing accommodation to apply should contact us at 503-597-6340
If you apply for this role, you will be required to upload a resume, cover letter, and fill out a few questions regarding your application. Once submitted, our hiring team will review your application and contact you if you are selected for an interview. Whether you are successful or not, we will store your application and data in our system for a maximum period of one year from the application date in case another role becomes available that you are suitable for. If you have any questions or concerns about us storing this data and/or the period of time, please contact us at email@example.com and we will respond to you within 30 days.