REMOTE: Chief Operating Officer
- Expired: September 15, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
At Discogs, we believe in sharing music with the world. Our teams build a product that opens the doors to discovery for millions of music lovers. We are seeking a well rounded and versatile Chief Operating Officer to lead our teams in operationalizing and supporting new and exciting developments in music related products and services.
This is a remote position. Open to candidates in or relocating to OR, WA, CA, CO, ID, AZ, TX, IL, UT
Who We Are
Discogs is the largest crowd-sourced, community-driven database of recorded music information in the world. Every day, millions of people use the Discogs Marketplace to connect, learn about music, and buy and sell vinyl records, CDs, and cassettes. As Discogs continues to grow, we are looking for bright, dedicated, creative, and highly motivated people to help us realize our mission to serve the music fan in everyone. We are relatively small, so individual contributions can have a large impact. High value is placed on quality, critical thinking, and continuous improvement. Our teams work collaboratively but are distributed geographically and open-source tools are important to who we are and how we work. We value the experiences and skills each team member contributes to helping us serve our music community.
Who We're Looking For
The objective of the Chief Operating Officer role is to lead and facilitate operational effectiveness throughout the Company. To do this, the Chief Operating Officer directly leads the ongoing operations and processes of People Operations, Finance and Accounting, Legal and Compliance, and Community Support. The Chief Operating Officer also collaborates with the Marketing, Product and Engineering divisions to drive financial and operational effectiveness at all levels of the Company to facilitate scalable and sustainable growth and to develop and maintain Discogs' culture.
What You'll Accomplish
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Design and implement operationally focused business strategies, tactics, and plans.
- Establish and support effective operational and people related policies that promote Company culture and vision.
- Ensure effective and efficient systems and processes are in place to support scalable and sustainable financial and organizational growth.
- Develops programs that align with the overall Discogs' strategy and promote financial and organizational effectiveness.
- Ensures compliance with internal, local, federal and international regulations, standards and policies.
- Partner with others in the organization to promote business development opportunities and programs that align with the overall Discogs strategy.
- Collaborate with Company leaders to develop strategic goals and operational plans.
- Builds rapport and maintains positive relationships at every level of the organization and with peers in the industry.
- Leads others through attributes of relatability and approachability, embodying a flexible, resilient, and confident disposition.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of the Company's business and markets.
- Be an open and honest communicator empowering the Management team and ensuring key business decisions and information are shared early and often, as appropriate, with the Discogs team.
- Set a regular cadence of strategic-level meetings and include necessary stakeholders.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You'll Contribute
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university, or equivalent work experience.
- 20+ years of increasingly responsible related work experience.
- 7 to 10 years financial management experience at a director or CFO level.
- 5 to 7 years operational leadership experience
- 3 to 5 years HR or HR-related experience
- CPA certification, preferred
- Ability to effectively present information across all levels of the organization, public groups, and board of directors.
- Ability to establish, monitor, measure, and report on performance data that includes financial and activity reports, Company, departmental or team productivity, goal achievement, and overall effectiveness.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven coach and mentor.
- Ability to inspire a high degree of confidence and promote and sustain trust across the organization to facilitate achievement of Company goals.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement successful strategic plans.
- Understanding of financial strategies and finance-related performance metrics.
- In-depth knowledge of corporate governance and general management best practices.
What We Provide
- Competitive compensation: salary, plus performance-related bonus program
- 401(k) with employer match
- 100% company-paid medical and dental insurance benefits for you and your dependents
- 4 weeks paid vacation, increasing based on tenure
- 18 weeks paid leave for birth moms
- 8 weeks paid parental leave, including for adoption
- Monthly wellness allowance
- Annual professional and personal development allowance
- Work from home office set-up and expense allowances
- Flexible work location opportunities
- Employer matching toward charitable contributions
What We Believe In
Discogs' mission is to serve the music fan in everyone. We represent a diverse and inclusive community, and we are committed to serving our community with innovative and creative solutions. We know that innovation happens best when varying perspectives are embraced and integrated. Our global team reflects our global community.
Discogs is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applicants needing accommodation to apply should contact us at 503-597-6340
If you apply for this role, you will be required to upload a resume, cover letter, and fill out a few questions regarding your application. Once submitted, our hiring team will review your application and contact you if you are selected for an interview. Whether you are successful or not, we will store your application and data in our system for a maximum period of one year from the application date in case another role becomes available that you are suitable for. If you have any questions or concerns about us storing this data and/or the period of time, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond to you within 30 days.
Employment Type: OTHER
4145 SW Watson AveBeaverton, OR
BusinessView all jobs at Discogs Inc.
Get fresh Chief Product Officer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.