!!!!!!ATTENTION PLEASE READ!!!!!
PLEASE CALL 504-399-1113 AND FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS ON THE VOICEMAIL THANK YOU
- CURRENT STATE ISSUED CLASS (D) CHAUFFERS DRIVER LICENSE
- SATISFACTORY MVR AS REQUIRED BY DLLS AUTO INSURANCE CARRIER
- NO MAJOR TRAFFIC VIOLATIONS WITHIN PAST 3 YEARS
- ABLE TO PASS A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK
- EXPERIENCED IN DRIVING COMMERCIAL VEHICLES
- MUST HOLD A CURRENT DOT MEDICAL CARD.
- ABILITY TO READ, WRITE, USE BASIC MATH SKILLS AND PROFICIENT IN THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE
- MUST BE ABLE TO PASS A DOT PHYSICAL AND DRUG SCREEN
- ABILITY TO LIFT, CARRY UP TO 50LBS & PUSH AND PULL UP TO 500 POUNDS
- ABILITY TO FOLLOW DRIVING DIRECTIONS WITH EASE
- ATTENTION TO DETAIL, PRIORITIZING WHILE MULTI-TASKING
- ABILITY TO COMMUNICATE WITH CUSTOMERS IN A PROFESSIONAL MANOR
- Maintain well groomed appearance while wearing company issued uniform
- Maintain personal cell phone for use during working hours
- Flexibility in work assignments and work schedule
- Ability to use a “hand held” device for signatures or get delivery paperwork signed at each customer’s place of business.
- Pre-trip/Inspect your assigned vehicle using a DOT approved form.
- Ensure the vehicle has enough fuel for use during the trip.
- When possible, fuel-up at a service station located on your route.
- Visually inspect the entire vehicle for any damage, scratches, dents, or other obvious physical damage and note on the pre-trip form.
- Any damage that occurred while you were driving MUST be communicated to the Customer Service Representative or his/her designee immediately.
- Complete the Damage Report form in your vehicle.
- Report any vehicle accidents or other incidents immediately to the Customer Service Representative or his/her designee.
- Prior to leaving DLLS insure that your load is secure inside of the cargo bay. Each Route Specialist is responsible for their own load and its safety.
- Leave DLLS at the assigned time and travel to your assigned customer(s).
- Safely drive your assigned vehicle throughout the day showing courtesy to other drivers and pedestrians at all times.
- When entering a customer’s place of business, at any and all times, remember that you represent DLLS and are the face of the company.
- Conduct yourself, at all times, in our customer’s place of business, with anyone you interact with, with dignity and respect.
- Do NOT answer questions that you do not know the answer. Refer the questioner to the Customer Service Representative.
- Immediately call the Customer Service Representative with any problems that may occur on your route, such as, vehicle accidents, vehicle damages, locked doors, customer issues, etc.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The Team Member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.