- Posted: over a month ago
We think that coming to work should be inspirational, motivational, and fun! We love what we do, and we love outdoing ourselves and challenging each other to grow both personally and professionally every day.
We are looking for a Database Administrator to join our team! In this role, you will manage and maintain the performance, integrity, and security of all internal databases.
Tools & Technology:
- Create and monitor maintenance plans
- Create and monitor performance metrics to determine when databases are not performing at optimal capacity
- Make database changes required to get performance and security to optimal levels
- Ensure all database software and hardware are up to date and determine when upgrades need to happen
- Write and execute database scripts required for software deployments
- Design database solutions for the development team that adhere to best practices for performance and security
- Evaluate and update databases to adhere to best security practices
- Write and run queries for any mass data updates
- Manage all security permissions
- Write database documentation, including data standards, procedures, and definitions for the data dictionary (metadata)
- Develop, manage, and test backup and recovery plans
- Evaluate future growth of databases and provide hardware and software recommendations to accommodate that growth
- 3-5+ years managing relational databases preferred
- 3-5+ years working with SQL preferred
- 3-5+ years working in MSSQL, DB2 and/or PostgreSQL databases preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field of study
- Strong mathematical skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work within a team
About Funeral Directors Life
Funeral Directors Life offers an award-winning workplace that is truly one-of-a-kind. The company has been recognized with numerous workplace awards, including the prestigious FORTUNE magazine “Best Small & Medium Workplaces” List, the “Best Workplaces in Finance & Insurance” List, the “Best Workplaces for Millennials” List, and the “Best Workplaces in Texas” List. The company is also a winner of the top 100 “Best Companies to Work for in Texas,” published by Texas Monthly.
Based in Abilene, TX, Funeral Directors Life offers a unique corporate culture and benefits that our employees love! Founded on Christian principles of leadership through service, integrity, honesty, and respect, the company is dedicated to serving the funeral profession and helping funeral homes enhance their service to families in a rapidly changing marketplace. In fact, our mission is "to be known as the best, most-respected provider of service to the funeral industry."
So, what makes Funeral Directors Life such a great place to work? We apply these same principles to how we treat our employees: offering excellent compensation, a fun, friendly, and supportive work environment, and more benefits and perks than we can mention; including employer-paid health coverage, 401 (k) matching, life insurance, an on-site clinic, a 24-hour fitness center, free fresh fruit and beverages, a corporate university, book studies, and many personal growth opportunities for mind, body, and soul. An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Powered by JazzHR
Directors Investment Group
TechnologyView all jobs at Directors Investment Group