We are seeking a Senior Commercial Interior Designer to become part of our team. The Interior Designer is responsible for leading a team in each project to include design, presentations and FF&E procurement. Projects include senior living, hospitality, commercial, healthcare, multifamily housing and education. We offer an incentive program if you have an entrepreneurial spirit.
Position Summary: Lead in project design and specification within the scope of the project budgets. Requires strong attention to detail, accurate data entry, strong communication skills and ability to determine the clients' needs and wants. Works closely with senior management and project managers to ensure a positive and successful client experience.
The primary job responsibilities for this position are:
- Participate in all phases of design projects including programming, schematic design, design development, FF&E and construction documentation.
- Create space plans and furniture layouts, finish plans, reflected ceiling plans, elevation and section detailing.
- Selections of design elements including fabrics, furniture, finishes, window treatments and lighting.
- Write accurate product specifications, budgets, purchasing lists and change orders.
- Submit material and finish specifications.
- Oversee the activities and documents of the design team.
- Client meetings; present design concepts and lead presentations.
- Report project updates to senior management.
Requirements for this position are:
- Revit or AutoCAD.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suites (e.g. InDesign & Photoshop).
- Strong MS Office Skills: Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Proficient in Excel.
- Demonstrated understanding of FF&E selection and specification.
- Basic understanding of commercial building codes
- Ability to create space plans and room layouts
- Excellent organizational and prioritizing skills with the ability to adapt to frequently changing priorities.
- Detail oriented with accurate data entry skills.
- Resourceful and have strong retention and recall abilities.
- Thorough with the ability to proofread own/others work products.
- Proven ability to meet project timelines.
Education and Experience:
- Professional Degree in Interior Design from an accredited school.
- Minimum of 6+ years of experience working in a commercial design firm.