The Staff Accountant position will perform the accounting and reconciliation functions of the General Accounting Department. We are seeking someone with a heavy bank reconciliation experience.
Obtain system reports and calculate monthly revenue components
- Prepare monthly reports and Settlements across multiple bank accounts.
- Work with Controller to resolve issues in month reporting
- Assist Accounting Manager audits. Gather and provide supporting financial documents. Work with auditors to answer any financial questions
- Manage cash flows reports
- Prepare monthly reconciliation reports
- Assist others on the team to ensure accuracy of financials and timely close
- Prepare monthly journal entries as requested from Controller
- Work with various departments providing data and solutions to their issues
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations in relations to the revenue entries
- Maintain complete and accurate records of all stale dated checks and assist corporate with the escheatment process, as required
- Record and reconcile daily cash activity within the system
- Participates in the year-end audit by creating or refining any reports and schedules requested
- 4-5 Years accounting experience
- Bachelor's degree a plush, not required.
- Proficient with computers and software applications including databases and Microsoft products such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of financial, legal and technical information.
- Good organizational and time management skills a must.
- Critical thinking, decisiveness, objective evaluation.
- High energy level, comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills. Ability to get along with diverse personalities, tactful, flexible.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite with advanced skills in Excel.
- Ability to work independently but the experience to identify the need to partner at critical junctures in any business decision-making activity.