Senior Help Desk-Silver Spring, MD-
- Posted: over a month ago
DirectViz Solutions is a high-level, strategic consulting services firm that meets mission IT needs for government customers. We are sourcing for a Senior Help Desk ll for a new opportunity. This position is located in Silver Spring, MD. and requires a Secret clearance. The work is onsite and some remote work is possible.
Senior Help Desk Tier ll
-Provide Tier II Help Desk support during business hours (0730 - 1630 hours, Monday - Friday, excluding holidays). Support Incident, Problem, and Request Management processes leveraging the ITIL service framework and best-business practices.
-Help Desk technicians will provide End User Development (EUD) support service and incident resolution remotely and through touch-labor services to ensure that the end user operational environment is functional.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Utilize the Global Service Center ticketing system for all request documentation and resolution.
- Install and connect desktops (PCs) and other peripherals to the network, wipe and rebuild infected desktops, install software (Operating System, MS Office Suite, anti-virus software, COTS needed by the user for their work), assist users with services and products.
- Work on government- owned or government approved desktops and peripherals.
- Maintain and provide a report of all Help Desk calls and trouble tickets; Develop and submit weekly reports of work completed and backlogged work; on a monthly basis review and evaluate Help Desk calls and trouble tickets to determine trends, determine if the knowledgebase needs to be updated with new information or procedures, and recommend solutions/process improvements.
- Repair desktops, printers, scanners and other peripherals; if repair parts are needed, identify the repair part(s) and provide a suggested source and up to 3 vendor quotes for purchase.
- Image all new computers with the current approved operating system.
- Provide printer/Multifunction Device (MFD) support, ensure all printers/MFD are configured in accordance with appropriate DISA STIG prior to adding to the network.
- Support the development of end user training aids or tips and distribute to users thru e-mail or informal meetings to inform and educate users on procedures, security issues, problem resolutions, software installation and any items that would benefit the user and their network usage
Required education and experience:
- 10+ years providing Tier I-II help desk support
-Computing Environment (one of the following):
- Dell Certified System Engineer (or newer equivalent)
- MS Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS): Windows 10, configuration for help desk support (or newer equivalent)
- MS Support IT Professional (MCITP) (or newer equivalent)
Highly Desired Skills:
- Bachelor of Science in IT discipline
Applicants may be required to show proof of a COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card to be eligible for employment at some work sites.
DirectViz Solutions, LLC provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identification or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law.
DirectViz Solutions, LLC
AddressChevy Chase, MD
TechnologyView all jobs at DirectViz Solutions, LLC
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?