Security Engineering Lead -Herndon, VA-0266
- Posted: August 12, 2022
DirectViz Solutions is a high-level, strategic consulting services firm that meets mission IT needs for government customers. We are hiring a Security Engineering Lead for a new opportunity. This position is located in Herndon, VA. and requires a Top Secret clearance.
Security Engineering Lead
- Must possess an in-depth understanding of log and monitoring management systems, security event monitoring systems, network-based and host-based intrusion detection systems, firewall technologies, malware detection and enterprise-level antivirus solutions/systems, VPN technologies and encryptions standards
- Must have demonstrated and significant experience in the operations, management, monitoring and maintenance of network security devices and technologies, including firewalls, routers, VPN, IDS sensors, proxies, wireless access points, PKI, domain controllers, security information event managers, etc.
- Must possess a significant knowledge of and experience in the application and implementation of Enterprise Security Architecture and Design
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must have practical experience in the application, management and implementation of security policies, controls and baselines to wide range of operating systems (e.g. Windows, OS X, Linux, etc.), network equipment (e.g. routers, switches) and network security devices (e.g. firewalls, IDS sensors, proxy servers, VPN concentrators, etc.)
- Must have the ability to review and understand technical policies and standards and provide subject matter expertise and recommendations in its practical application and implementation in an enterprise network security environment
- Must have experience with the practice and execution of change, problem and incident management concepts and methodologies (e.g. ITIL, COBIT)
- Must possess excellent organizational and attention to details skills
- Experience: At least seven years of experience in security focused IT engineering
- Hours: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM. Actual hours may vary depending on mission requirements.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or related disciplines; or have equivalent and direct experience in leading and managing a network security engineering team
- Certification: One or more vendor specific certifications. Examples include MCSE or CCNP
Applicants may be required to show proof of a COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card to be eligible for employment at some work sites.
DirectViz Solutions, LLC provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identification or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law.
DirectViz Solutions, LLC
Real EstateView all jobs at DirectViz Solutions, LLC