Directline.us is a high growth global technology services company with primary focus in providing design, integration, installation, maintenance and managed services to well-known data centers and technology companies. Direct Line is backed by private equity firm and headquartered in Fremont, California with additional locations in US, Asia-Pacific and Europe. We are looking for a highly energetic, result oriented, passionate and hands-on Data Center Technicians with “can-do” attitude and a strong work ethics to join our growing organization. The person should be self-starter, adaptable with attentive to detail and able to work with minimal supervision.
Technician 2 is responsible for on-site performance of all build projects. Responsibilities include:
- Being on-site during normal business hours.
- -Supporting both new deployment or new builds, and live site/production requests.
- Supporting cabinet installation and decommission as needed.
- Managing incoming/outgoing shipments.
- Maintaining data center cleanliness and organization.
- Installing hardware in production and staging environments.
- Maintaining inventory systems, providing timely updates on inventory levels, and performing quarterly cycle counts.
- Managing site growth by keeping the data center organized.
- 3+ years experience deploying and supporting servers in a 24/7 production data center environment.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Capable of working with minimal supervision.
- Prior experience in the installation of standard cabling technologies and rack infrastructure including but not limited to seismic bracing, infrastructure aesthetics, and effective trouble shooting.
- Unix/Linux skills (preferred).
- Understanding of cabling and telecommunications standards including IEEE/ANSI/TIA/EIA (strongly preferred).
- xperience supporting SAN or NAS technologies (preferred).