Quality Assurance Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Quality Assurance Manager
Responsibilities, Duties and Authority: (These duties cover only the more significant responsibilities, they are not meant to be all inclusive. Other duties may be given by the supervisor in addition to, or instead of, those listed here.)
1. Manage, maintain, and identify quality objectives based upon organizational, customer, and governmental regulatory requirements including IATF 16949 and ISO 14001 requirements.
2. Responsible for the Quality Management systems and Environmental Management systems including the adherence to and enforcement of these systems.
3. Serve as a liaison between Company and customers and suppliers to ensure execution of corrective actions and compliance with customer specifications.
4. Participate in Advanced Product Quality Planning activities to develop procedures and work instructions related to the inspection of materials, tooling, and processes for all manufacturing operations throughout the organization to meet all identified requirements.
5. Manages the corrective action system and problem-solving activities, including Customer web portals and Customer specific forms and systems,
6. Manages the Statistical Process Control and Early Production Containment processes and information for the company.
7. Analyze performance to quality objectives of customers and suppliers and makes recommendations to Executive Management for corrective action, preventive action, and continuous improvement opportunities.
8. Develops, manages, and implements quality documentation, policies, and procedures .
9. Directs and controls the internal audits and layered audits of processes, policies, and procedures .
10. Identifies relevant training and resource needs to promote improvement of employee efficiency and competency throughout the organization.
11. Works with purchasing to identify and communicate quality requirements to external Suppliers.
None, however, assists in dealing with the employees in the quality department and the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these areas. Responsibilities include training employees.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; or appropriate technical experience in Quality Assurance Management; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum of five years’ experience in the Quality Assurance activities related to automotive orientated manufacturing. Working knowledge and experience with the IATF 16949 and ISO 9001 standards, and ISO 14001 standards as well as the specific major automotive OEM’s customer specific requirements.
Mandatory Certifications: AIAG core Tools – APQP (Advanced Product Quality Planning); PPAP (Production Part Approval Process); FMEA (Failure Mode and Effects Analysis); SPC (Statistical Process Control); MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis).
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, suppliers. and the general public.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Reasoning Skills: Ability to apply common sense and understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have extensive knowledge of Accounting software; Contact Management systems; Database software; Internet software; Inventory software; Manufacturing software; Order processing systems; Bar Code Labeling Software, EDI, Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
Physical Demands: (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and listen. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision.
Work Environment: (The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
The work environment for this job is split between the factory and office. There will be an occasional need to visit the various facilities. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and factory conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to quiet.
Direct Staff Inc.
TechnologyView all jobs at Direct Staff Inc.