A global supplier of engineering services to the Transportation Industry, has an opening for an experienced Design Engineer in Power Electronics. The Design Engineer will be responsible for the design and engineering of Inverters, DCDC converters, On-Board-Chargers for Electric Vehicles (EV) . The right candidate will support design changes driven by customer change request (based on crash results)—relocation of the connector, PCB layout, which has effects on layout of filtering components, DC cap, and other layout challenges. The location will be in Auburn Hills, MI.
- Strong fundamental knowledge in high-voltage inverters , DCDC converters and On-Board-Chargers for automotive applications
- Strong knowledge of power-electronics layout for Si-IGBT and SiC-MOSFET based switching devices
- Strong knowledge of designing and architecting the gate drivers for Si-IGBT and SiC-MOSFET inverters
- Knowledge of designing and sizing capacitor bank and signal filters
- Strong knowledge in circuit analysis and power transfer efficiency analysis using Simulink electrical, SPEED, Ansys and PSPICE.
- Must be able to analyze the Inverter and converter designs, optimize capacitor bank, busbars, harmonics including design optimization for EMI and EMC compliance
- Experience in an OEM or Tier-1 supplier industry is advantageous
- Prepare for and participates in formal and informal design review activities
- Design for Six Sigma tools and approaches, engineering simulation & modeling software, and phase-gate development processes for new products in development.
- Engage suppliers of existing Y-cap, DC-cap and other components to re-size/redesign based on new packaging
- Create simulation models to predict structural, fatigue, vibration, thermal, and flow performance of new products in development
- Conduct detailed analysis of tolerance stacks to ensure efficient assembly and reliable product performance
- Engage new connector supplier
- Layout to meet packaging targets
- Design for manufacturing Integrate Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerance (GD&T),
- 3 to 7 years' experience with Invertor and power electronics design for electrification/hybridization of passenger cars or commercial vehicles
- BSME and or BSEE or Master Degree preferred or PhD degree in Electrical and Electronics
- Experience with Invertors and power electronic switching devices
- Familiarity with Hypermesh, ABAQUS and StarCCM+ is advantageous
- Familiarity developing a product from concept to production
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
Direct Staff Inc.