Underwriting Manager to join Clients Specialty Products Underwriting team. The role manages the pricing and submissions of individual, small group, and or large group underwriting for new business and renewals of existing business for Life products. In addition, this critical role provides decision making support for Dental, This is a Critical management role.
- Oversees underwriting production and/or review & consultation on specialty products (life, disability, accident/critical illness/hospital indemnity, dental and vision). Includes review, decision making and lead role on larger/more complex groups.
- Coordinates, implements and facilitates internal training and other industry programs to ensure continued development of staff.
- Oversees continued development of dental and vision underwriting strategies and expertise working in collaboration with dental/health and the underwriting team.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance or related field.
- 8 years experience as a Group Specialty/Ancillary Underwriter.
- Experience collaborating with internal sales and external broker distribution partners.
- Fellow, Life Management Institute (FLMI) designation strongly preferred
- Chartered Life Underwriting (CLU) designation strongly preferred
- In depth knowledge and advanced underwriting expertise relative to risk assessment and pricing of specialty insurance products.
- Intermediate to advanced underwriting systems and MS Office Skills, including MS Access and workflow applications such as OnBase
Direct Search Systems
Why Work Here?
The company is one of the highest ranked company for both who to work for, and for profitability.