Our Client is currently seeking a mammography technician. Day Shift-Variable hours (7-3:30p, 8-4:30p & 9-5:30p) plus one Saturday per month. Minimum 1 year experience, Must have R.T. (R) (M) Responsibilities will include biopsies, needle localizations, calling patients and entering result in MRS. Will split time between 3 campuses, less than 30 minutes from each other. The mammography tech is responsible for detecting breast tissue abnormalities by completing mammographic imaging studies; presenting them for diagnosis.
1. Greets patients by confirming patient identification; reviewing imaging request; checking for special instructions; confirming anticipated service with patients.
2. Gains patient cooperation by reducing anxieties; providing explanations of imaging procedures; explaining equipment; answering questions.
3. Conducts mammography study by positioning breasts; adjusting compression mechanisms; instructing patient to hold breath; retreating to lead protected area; adjusting equipment controls to set exposure factors; activating equipment to take image; releasing compression mechanisms; preparing for next positioning and view.
4. Minimizes radiation to patient and staff by practicing radiation protection techniques.
5. Maintains production and quality of mammograms by following established standards and procedures; developing mammograms; observing mammogram results; determining necessary adjustments for optimum results; retaking mammograms as required; forwarding completed studies to radiologist for interpretation.
6. Ensures operation of mammography equipment by completing preventive maintenance; instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories,